Pepper Mill with some "oh wow" Pecan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kyaggie

kyaggie

This is just another CrushGrind pepper mill but I feel like I won the wood lottery with this piece of spalted pecan. The bad part is that's the last piece of that pecan that I have. This mill is for a good friend over in England. The finish is walnut oil followed by Wood Doctor's Pens Plus followed by Wood Doctor's Microcrystalline Wax.

Take care,
Mike

Attachments

• Dolly1.jpg
    Dolly1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 394
  • Dolly2.jpg
    Dolly2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 222
  • Dolly3.jpg
    Dolly3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Yes, it deserves the "wow" but, most of the effectiveness of the way the wood looks, has to do with the excellent job you done with its finish...!

It may be your last piece of this wood but, you made an excellent use of it and the pics will remind you of how it looked like, many years from now. One of the sad things about wood is that, when you find a "gem" is always small and unique/rare, man can never imitated such beauty, in a natural sense so, image the thousands of tons of "gems" that are lost (burnt, buried, chipped, etc..!) every day, around the world....!, that hurts, huh???

Your friend will be most pleased...!

Cheers
George

kyaggie

Thanks for the nice comments, folks! This wood worked wonderfully and even though it is not really all that dense it sanded up almost as smooth as glass. It's going to some great friends who share an eclectic hobby with me (antique stationary gas engines) and it means a lot that they are getting such a gem in the wood and that they will be able to enjoy it for many, many years to come.

Mike

Top Bottom