penwizard for kitless?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

watch_art

Wondering if anybody has tried doing anything with their penwizard on a kitless pen? I've got some ideas I need to work out for my own jig/setup. Just curious though what everybody thinks/knows.
It looks like it can only take pens on tubes.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

trapper

jig idea

maybe make up an alluminium sleeve that fits inside the blank and mount it on a single ended mandrel supported by a revolving centre if you can actually mount the rc on the machine just an idea sadly i've got no "wizard" only one source here in the uk a x2 + the price.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
You should be able to make bushings to fit any size hole drilled in wood. I make them all the time from things like corian or delrin to mount on my CNC and should be no diffferent for a pen wizard. No need for a tube.

KBs Pensnmore

Hi Watch Art,
I've modified my Pen Wizard to accept anything from 3mm-100mm (1/8"-4") diameter, for the small stuff I mounted a 3/8" drill chuck and for larger stuff I raised the base that mounts the motor either Dremel or laminate trimmer. In other words it is only limited by the imagination.
Kryn

watch_art

Hi Watch Art,
I've modified my Pen Wizard to accept anything from 3mm-100mm (1/8"-4") diameter, for the small stuff I mounted a 3/8" drill chuck and for larger stuff I raised the base that mounts the motor either Dremel or laminate trimmer. In other words it is only limited by the imagination.
Kryn

I'd like to see a picture if you don't mind. :)

KBs Pensnmore

Once I get a camera I'll do it, if I can work out how to do it???
The drive end was bought from Beall's (a spare parts) threaded with5/16 UNF an adaptor made 5/16x3/8 UNF to match the chuck. The end with the point was changed for another Beall spare part and set up with an inverted V to take various ends, have done a couple of lace bobbins on it.
Also set up with lower gearing.

Top Bottom