Pentel trio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darley

Darley

Manage to have some turning time [:p]:D ( lucky me ) here are 3 Pentel pencil I use Don drill bit, comments welcome, Thanks for looking

20084194106_pentel%20trio.jpg

Ballart Burl
200841941055_pentel%20ballar%20burl2.jpg

Corn cob and ebony
200841941138_pentel%20corn%20cob2.jpg

Tasmania Myrtle
200841941228_pentel%20myrtle.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

G'Day Mate:
Nice going Serge. That drill bit sure makes this conversion easier. Now the only difficult part is holding the pen blank ;). I am finding that using a dead center in the head and the live center in the tail and just turning the blank between centers is becoming easier with each one. I may need to revise my tutorial. I tried doing them between centers at first but my turning skills (I think) would not allow it. Anyway, this pencil conversion is a fun project and make a nice pencil for those that use mechanical pencils. Lalter my friend.
Do a good turn daily!
Donm

wicook

Great job, Serge! Can you believe that I haven't been able to turn a pen since we got home? That means that your blanks are still waiting some attention...not a good sign! We've been busy as one-armed paper hangers and no time for the shop. :(

Darley

Thank you all for your comments sure the Ballart burl is nice I save it from the fire wood pile and didn't take more ( shame on me[:0][xx(] ) as from the corn cob is true it's thin, I have to slide in a 7m/m pen tube, broke 2 cobs before this one, first one went to thin, the second one the busher when in the tip of the pen barrel that why for this one I add the ebony at both end, hope this help BTW don't forget lots of CA in and out for the corn cob

Thanks again for the comments

Top Bottom