Pens YOU actually use..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemac

200791219212_laminated2.jpg

OK, so I see LOTS of beautiful pens being shown off (kudos everyone) but when you're slaving away at a desk job (for those of us unlucky enough to still need one) what does the pen you ACTUALLY use look like?

I have a set of 2 I keep handy, (I don't really like the Sierra one, for some reason) and have already had to replace the ink in one of them.

Show us what YOU use.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

Don't have a pic but I use a Bloodwood Sierra. It's the first pen I made that I let anybody see. It's also the first ca finish I tried.
Cheap gold plating has all but worn off but I won't part with it. The Sierra just seems to fit me better than any other pen.

Ratto

No picture, but I use a gentlemen's pen that gave me nothing but problems turning and finishing. Then the finish cracked a few months after finishing - refinished. Now the plating has worn off. Kind of grown attached to the pen.

Dave

hkstrongside

20079134838_IMG_4778.jpg

I love this pen! I carry it around with me almost everywhere I go. It is a fountain pen which would make most think it would be a mess by the abuse that it goes through. It has never leaked or even blotted up on the nib. It always works great!

underdog

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
2006112641536_Presidential%20006.jpg
<br />

I use this one every day. I put a lacquer finish on this since this picture. I've worn the gold finish off, and finally replaced the refill. The lacquer is now flaking in a couple of spots, but I sure like it. I wish Craft Supplies offered it in rhodium or titanium.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I am a homebuilder and I carry this pen with me every day. I am the type of builder who actually gets his hands dirty and this pen has been through hell and back and keeps on ticking! Yesterday it was dropped from a 19' scissor lift and hit a piece of plywood. No damage at all!

20071234500_Purple%20cactus%20sierra1.jpg
<br />

hughbie

this is the first cigar i ever made. i picked the blank just cause i wanted to see what it would look like and when i came in, i went aaaahhhhhhhhh copper kit would look great and then a week or so later i saw someone on this site with a copper kit and i found out from him where he got it and the rest is history.

i work in a lead acid battery factory in the quality control department and i've used it every day for the last 4 months and there is a slight scratch on the nib end. that acrylic holds up great to battery acid and all the stuff i get into during the day.

it's copper and rust acrylic from hut and the kit is satin copper from ernie at beartooth. THANKS GUYS!

2007913183213_cigaradjusted.jpg
<br />

alamocdc

I use these.

Redwood burl Jr. Gent FP
200582243221_jrgent_redwood_burl.jpg
<br />

Black Locust burl Jr. Gent RB
200582344950_jrgent_blacklocust_burl2.jpg
<br />

Aromatic Cedar Baron RB (sits on my desk at work)
20064276145_baronUG_arocedar_desk1.jpg
<br />

Plus a few that were PITH exchanges that I can't find photos of.

200791413133_rescued_pen.jpg

My carry pen. Ti-Gold Carbara with cherry burl and CA finish. I have a Parker Gel refill in it. It's a pleasure to use, fits in my pocket and I can twist the finial one-handed, so it's about as convenient as a click-pen. The CA finish and the plating are holding up very well.

mick

This is my everyday carry. I've posted it before. It's African Blackwood with a Bloodwood, Yellowheart, Purpleheart and Paduak Celtic knot. Done up on a Jr Statesman

200791415845_20076522622_JrStatesChaos.jpg
<br />

Snazzypens

Mine is a pink cigar made by curtis that he absolutely hated. I loved with a passion. That my pen and don't nobody try to take it off me. I also have a red whit and black baron made from me from Alan Shaw it just beautiful to write with. These are my favourite pens.
bye Toni

Rifleman1776

I carry this full size Gentleman made from prarie rattlesnake. Have to admit, the Gent is a bit akward to carry in a shirt pocket, I would really prefer to carry something else. However, this pen has proven to be a great salesman. I have sold pens just by taking it out of my pocket, it's a 'stopper'. Yesterday I got an order for an antler European from a woman who saw this. She is sending me some antler from deer her husband got, it will be a Christmas surprise. Unless I'm doing something 'down and dirty' where this could get lost, I only carry my best work.

14125817_Diamondback%20rattler%20Gent%20pen%20open.jpg
<br />

gothycdesigns

Are most of these pens a Sierra or Baron? Seems to be a populat pen kit. On average what does one seel for? Just a basic range for an idea if its a pen I need to start working on.

Thanks,
Ray
Gothyc Designs

MainePenMan

Originally posted by ahoiberg
<br />i use this one for the most part, i've got a case full of older ones that get pulled out from time to time...

I like the pen you posted, looks like a sing I made from Buckthorn burl, what kind of wood is it?

Tom

Dave_M

This one was never my favorite so I decided to keep it as my pocket pen. I didn't think it was a show piece that would stir some one's interest, but the more I used it the more I like it. It's Olive wood with titanium gold hardware.

2007928135610_IMG_0978-1.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom