pens for cancer center nurses

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ryainsworth

I had only just started turning last year, had made a handful of pens all slimline, and two small bowls. This spring I was diagnosed with Lymphoma, six months of chemo.......so I decided to challenge myself and try to make pens for all the nurses in the chemo center. I came up with the idea 3 months into treatment so that only left 3 months to get them all done. Week one of the month was 4 days of chemo so turning is out that week as I didn't think the doctor would be impressed with wood particles in my chemo port. The following week is spent in bed sick. So that left two weeks a month to work on pens and one day of turning wiped me out. But I made it. For being a fairly new turner I was pleased with the results. I ended up making 15 pens for all the nurses and staff at the cancer center and they were more than thrilled. Their reaction made it worth the pain and effort that went into it. DSC_0006.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
Great job and gesture. I also made lipstick pens for all my cancer nurses and a cancer awareness sierra for mo oncologist. You've got some nice looking pens there.

Top Bottom