Pens Around the World

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yorkie

yorkie

This is for a display for my company, which is having an employee art month.

I thought I would make a series of three pens featuring woods from every continent, ending in woods from my home state of North Carolina.

Photo 1-Africa: top left-African Blackwood, top right-Pink Ivory, bottom-Afromosia

Photo 2-Asia: top left-Amboyna burl, top right-Jerusalem Olive wood, bottom-Russian Olive wood

Photo 3-Australia: top left-Brown Mallee burl combined with pink and cream acrylic, top right-Eucalyptus burl, bottom-Coolibah burl

Photo 4-Europe: top left-English Yew from Queen's Sandringham estate, top right-Italian Olive wood, bottom-Connemara burl from west coast of Ireland that has been stabilized and green.

Photo 5-North America: top left-Redwood burl, top right-Red Box Elder, Middle-Desert Ironwood, Bottom-Arizona Diamondback Rattlesnake skin

Photo 6-North Carolina: Top left-Eastern Red Cedar (from the woods at the back of my house, top right-Dogwood, middle-quilted Black Locust, bottom-made from a piece of the Teak decking from the USS North Carolina WWII battleship, cross-cut to show the grain.

Photo 7-South America: Top left-cross cut piece of Cocobola, top right-Brazilian Bloodwood, bottom-Suriname Snakewood.

Sorry the photos aren't very good.

Attachments

• Africa.jpg
    Africa.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 206
  • Asia.jpg
    Asia.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 187
  • Australia 2.jpg
    Australia 2.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 168
  • Europe.jpg