Cheer Penn State Industries

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dtswebb

I sold a Vertex click pen to a gentleman. Two days later, I was contacted and told that the top click mechanism had broken when he dropped the pen.

I had the gentleman mail me the pen. While there was no damage I could find on the pen, the little plastic threaded nipple that the plunger screws on to had indeed snapped clean off. I was able to replace the clip/click mechanism but now had a Vertex kit missing an important part.

I sent PSI an email about the clip/click mechanism. A friendly gentleman named Tony replied and also sent along a sheet with information on how to reinforce the click mechanism.

Tony and I traded emails back and forth, as all I wanted to do was purchase the click mechanism, which unscrews from the clip/click mechanism. Tony let me know that PSI doesn't sell the individual plastic part, just the complete clip/click mechanism.

When I asked how much the part was going to cost so I could order a replacement, Tony said that he already had submitted an order to replace the part as it was defective. The part (actually, two clip/click mechanisms were provided) arrived in yesterday's mail.

I know PSI gets some dings at times, but this experience was first rate - great customer service, a friendly person to communicate with and replacement parts sent out quickly.

Thank you Tony and PSI.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dtswebb

The PSI sheet describes using a small nail (brad) inserted into the hole and secured with CA glue. There's been other posts here that recommend a similar reinforcement or using a toothpick in a similar manner. If you PM me with an email address, I'd be happy to email you the PSI sheet. Its a one page PDF file.

t001xa22

I have been using the Vertex click for quite a while. Although it is popular with many buyers, the one most common problem seems to be the fragile nature of the click plunger. I think because it has the casting hole through the middle of the plunger shaft and because it has the decorative metal shell over it, that is what makes it so prone to breakage when dropped. I have personally used the toothpick method to repair them, but naturally this will only work if the broken piece is found by the user. As you said, at least there is a repair method and that PSI will come through with a warranty replacement.

MarkD

That was a good customer service experience BUT the click mechanism of this pen has been a problem for a long time. I have stopped selling this pen because of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom