Jeer PENN STATE INDUSTRIES

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dave41368

I ordered about 10-15 small replacement parts from them on the 24th of July and haven't seen them yet! :mad: since then I have placed 2 pen kit orders from them and received them already and have ordered some pigments from a guy in SOUTH KOREA and I have gotten them too..........I called and they said they were mailed out already.......one of these little parts was to finish my nieces birthday pen which was a couple days ago.....all I can say is what the heck!!:confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

I put an order in last Friday and it was on my door step Tuesday. I'd say that's pretty decent turn around.

I've found it's always better to pay the extra $2 for rush processing although most say even that's not necessary anymore since PSI made improvements to their process.

I hate to say it but it sounds like your post office or somewhere in the mail system.

dave41368

I called the order in and there was no tracking number....coincedently just got an email this morning with a tracking number for something and I haven't ordered for a week now.....seems like a screw up to me

edstreet

I called the order in and there was no tracking number....coincedently just got an email this morning with a tracking number for something and I haven't ordered for a week now.....seems like a screw up to me

Tried calling them to find out the tracking number? They should be able to pull it up and see where it is at and ETA. If the package is in the hands of the shipper, i.e. usps/ups/fedex/etc then that is a whole new story.

Sometimes packages does get lost, mis-routed, mis-delivered, etc..

A quick search yielded approx 1% lost for UPS and up to 10% for usps however usps does not release that info or not track it.

Last edited:

dave41368

Well when I called them last Thurs she said it was sent out and it takes about 10 days after asking for my info a couple times.......then this morning I got an email from them with a tracking number for a very light package sent first class mail....I havent ordered from there in about a week.....don't get me wrong I havent had any problems with them up to this point but if it got screwed up just be customer firendly and say it(I just wanted to finish my nieces pen in time for her birthday and thought a little over a week to get the part was reasonable)...I worked in retail and phone orders for many years and the lack of customer friendly support these days is severely on the decline, but that is another rant for a later time:rolleyes:

edstreet

so did you look up that tracking number and see where it is at and if it was delivered? If it is not delivered they will have an ETA.

Since you said 10 days it most likely has some very slow shipment option on there.

Keep in mind to that slow boat shipment may be cheap but it's unreliable when you have a deadline. This is why it is better to pay a few more $ for something like UPS/Fedex so you will get faster. 10 days is not even in the norm for priority mail, that's more like first class or lower, like sure post, mail innovations and others less savory.

Ordering other items and comparing 2nd day delivery with sure post/mail innovations is fallacy logic, it's apples and oranges.

ashaw

I always get priority mail with tracking. 9 times out of 10 it's due to the PO. We have a serious problem here for awhile. Some said due to Sandy knockout a sort center in NJ. But we still have problems. The cut backs the PO has done has only made things worse.

I would call and find out how it was shipped no tracking number means first class then you are at that mercy of the PO.

With PSI I am close enough to pickup my order. No problems with have the wrong product.

I do not have issues with Berea either. Both customer services are very good.

dave41368

Well the tracking number I got today was for first class mail from psi and they showed up just a couple minutes ago........I knew something went wrong since the tracking number was generated yesterday and says for delivery today......believe me I know the post office screws up a lot and I order all my stuff from PSI at the next level up from economy shipping but I called this order in and I guess I should have said to ship it fast but it was only 9 dollars worth of parts and couldn't rationalize dang near $20 in shipping when every other order has gotten here in 4-5 days......its all good now that I got the parts today just wish they would have said sorr,y , screwed up, you will have these in a couple days. Rant over.

Why is it that whenever someone posts a Jeer, so many seem to be chomping at the bit to tell them what they did wrong, and why the problem is really their fault? That, or there is no real problem, the OP is just too hard to please.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Tried calling them to find out the tracking number? They should be able to pull it up and see where it is at and ETA. If the package is in the hands of the shipper, i.e. usps/ups/fedex/etc then that is a whole new story.

Sometimes packages does get lost, mis-routed, mis-delivered, etc..

A quick search yielded approx 1% lost for UPS and up to 10% for usps however usps does not release that info or not track it.
No way does USPS lose 10% of the packages shipped through them. My experience with thousands of packages over more than 10 years is almost none far less than 1% at its worst, and that went down even lower when they started making 'confirmed delivery' easily available.

PaulDoug

As a suggestion, when I want a PSI product I turn to Woodturningz first. If Ryan has it I order from him. Often cheaper than PSI, always great service. Always a notice when shipped and a tracking number. I ordered some items from him last Sunday, 8/4, picked them up today at the post office, was actually delivered to the PO yesterday but I didn't make it to my PO Box yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom