Pencil Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RMckin5324

I made my first pencils the other day, I posted them here. One of them the first time I put it together when you turned the barrel it wouldn't extend the lead, I swapped the mechanism with another one and it was working fine, then it happened again. You need to pull the barrel back a touch so it will grab the mechanism and twist and extend the lead.
So my first question is there anything I could do to help it, I was thinking of maybe a little Teflon tape around the mechanism or something like it to grip. The other questions are the pencil just a hassle? I see a lot more pens on here then pencils...............unless of course I need to go to the Pencil Turner site........lol.:rolleyes:

its_virgil

Knowing the kit you used these pencils would help us analyze the problem. My first guess is the upper barrel is either too short or two long. Give us some additional information and I'll bet someone can help.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I made my first pencils the other day, I posted them here. One of them the first time I put it together when you turned the barrel it wouldn't extend the lead, I swapped the mechanism with another one and it was working fine, then it happened again. You need to pull the barrel back a touch so it will grab the mechanism and twist and extend the lead.
So my first question is there anything I could do to help it, I was thinking of maybe a little Teflon tape around the mechanism or something like it to grip. The other questions are the pencil just a hassle? I see a lot more pens on here then pencils...............unless of course I need to go to the Pencil Turner site........lol.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom