pencil question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dow

I've been asked by my boss about the possibility of making some pen / pencil sets for tenure awards for our company. Does anyone know of a pencil kit with a good quality mechanism that has a matching pen kit? I know that the Pentel conversion works well, but I don't think that he'll go for that without a matching pen. In the past they've used Cross pens, FWIW.

Thanks,
dow

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

I look forward to seeing what others have to say on this as well. Of the few slimline pencils I have made several developed problems so I do not make them anymore.

On Bear Tooth Woods they refer to a pencil twist mechanism that will convert a perfect fit pen into a pencil ... hopefully someone who has used one will give us a report.
I have also heard of a replacement Pencil mechanism for the Parker style refill, but again, would like more information.
Sorry I can't be more help ... hopefully someone can steer both of us in the right direction!

dow

The long click I believe comes in a pen and pencil. It is a very solid kit.

They are very nice kits, and sure to impress anyone!

Hope this helps!:)

I make and really like the Long Click pens, but didn't know about the pencils. I keep reading that people in general aren't impressed with the pencil mechanisms that we can get in the kits. Do you like how the pencils work?

ROOKIETURNER

I am new at this, only been turning for almost 2 months, and I have not heard of any good pencil kits. Why is that? Are we not the ones that have the power to tell the manufactures in great number to stop selling crappy pencil kits? There are enough turners on this site to demand better products from our vendors.

Who is in?

its_virgil

I would suggest the Perfect fit convertible....one a ballpoint and one a pencil

Another suggestions would be the Jr gent rollerball or fountain pen (or botrh) or ballpoint and convert another ballpoint to a pencil

I just delivered three Elgrande fountain pen/rollerball/ballpoint/pencil sets (a four pen set)

With PSI having a cigar fountain pen the cigar is a choice also.

I would suggest staying with a parker style that uses the schmidt pencil mechanism...the slimline click mechanism is not a reliable choice....

The gatsby from PSI also comes in a pencil.

good luck with your choice.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

I've been asked by my boss about the possibility of making some pen / pencil sets for tenure awards for our company. Does anyone know of a pencil kit with a good quality mechanism that has a matching pen kit? I know that the Pentel conversion works well, but I don't think that he'll go for that without a matching pen. In the past they've used Cross pens, FWIW.

Thanks,
dow

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Slimlines

I sell Fancy slimline pen kits and can get some matching pencil kits. I don't sell a lot of pencil kits but have had no complaints to date.

I have used PSI slimline click pencil kits with pretty good results but a couple of failures and I have used a few of their other pencil kits both click and twist with mixed results.

I have also found that a number of PSI styles use the same 7mm click pencil
mechanisms so buying the more expensive kits might not result in any better pencils (at least as far as operation is concerned) than you'll get with the lower priced stuff.

Truth be told, I'm not convinced that all of the twist mechanism and click pencil mechanisms aren't coming from the same place regardless of who is providing the kits, they all seem to look alike and they all seem to have the same little quirks.....

Top Bottom