Pen Turning Beyond The Basics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Full title is: Turning Modified Slimline Pens Beyond the Basics by Don Ward; Schiller Publishing. Going back and reading it again, paying attention to details for reference. We have a number of craft shows in this area, obviously during the holidays. I plan on using Don's book to build an inventory of pens. I'm impressed with his note of details and good photos to show what he is doing. I highly recommend the book.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Full title is: Turning Modified Slimline Pens Beyond the Basics by Don Ward; Schiller Publishing. Going back and reading it again, paying attention to details for reference. We have a number of craft shows in this area, obviously during the holidays. I plan on using Don's book to build an inventory of pens. I'm impressed with his note of details and good photos to show what he is doing. I highly recommend the book.
Thanks a lot...I appreciate the positive review. Here are pictures of what can be done with the "lowly" slimline. 1000003317.jpg
1000003314.jpg1000003303.jpg
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Woodchipper

To see more details and instruction on what Don has posted, you have to buy the book. Well worth it!
I contacted Easton about the 2213 arrow. It has an ID of 0.317. That was the only one that had the spec's as now they go by the flex of the spine. Don, I could use the logo area plus pieces from the camo area. Could get several pens out of one arrow. Yep, I'm cheap...so cheap, they have my picture next to the word in the dictionary.

its_virgil

To see more details and instruction on what Don has posted, you have to buy the book. Well worth it!
I contacted Easton about the 2213 arrow. It has an ID of 0.317. That was the only one that had the spec's as now they go by the flex of the spine. Don, I could use the logo area plus pieces from the camo area. Could get several pens out of one arrow. Yep, I'm cheap...so cheap, they have my picture next to the word in the dictionary.
Those arrow instructions are old enough that the numbering system ma no longer be valid. The arrows I use are aluminum shafts and carbon fiber arrows are popular now. I have not used carbon fiber arrows.

One arrow size lends itself to gluing a 7mm tube inside. Others are large and I would turn a wooden sleeve with a 7mm tube and glue the sleeve inside the shaft.

Let me know if I can help. I may have some arrows if you need any.

Woodchipper

Don, I have many old arrows that I could use. I need to "mike" the tubes and cut the arrows to get the ID. I recall the wooden sleeve in the book.
Arrows have gone from the 2213 and such dimensions to a number designating the spine which determine the flex for a certain draw weight of the bow. To me, the numbers are arbitrary. The new numbers are like 500, 400, 340, etc. Charts are available to match the arrow to your specific needs.
Thanks for your offer of arrows.
***If you don't have Don's book, get a copy. Well worth it...and I'm not getting a kickback from him.

its_virgil

Welcome. Nice pens. You are off to a good start. Love my Miles Craft pen press. Hands down, the best one I have owned and I have owned 4 or 5 in the past.
Do a good turn dailyu!
Don

Top Bottom