Pen Storage Tubes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cbatzi01

I have used them. I would only get the 7/8" size. Even in the bigger ones the Jr. Gent II just barely squeezes in. SSAJN is right, the caps come off very easily.

I saw some clear, big, round tubes at woodcraft for scroll/jigsaw blades. I didn't get them, but kept it in the back of my mind, apparently.

Exotic Blanks has some good, big tubes at a reasonable price.

Good luck!
Chris

jeffnreno

Thanks for the info - the tubes from exotic blanks look great. Any problems with the pen banging around inside these and getting damaged?

Tim'sTurnings

I have used the plastic triangle thingies and was always afraid they would make marks on the finish of my pens when they slide around in there or have constant pressure, if the pen is large.

I switched to velvet sleeves and I don't worry anymore. My customers vastly prefer the velvet sleeves, especially when I give them a choice of color. I usually have red and black available for them. They are usually the same price as the plastic tubes as well.

Tim.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for the info - the tubes from exotic blanks look great. Any problems with the pen banging around inside these and getting damaged?

I used them for two years before exotics existed. Never had a problem. I have "fishing tackle boxes" that you see through, then the clear tubes, so I can show a prospect about 36 pens without opening the box. IF they see one they like, we can start opening.

I also use the "portfolio" design. While I like them, they cover too much of the pen with the elastic. All of this is MY OPINION!!! You are welcome to have one too!!!

rjwolfe3

Ed that is a great idea. Does any particular tackle box work? I am assuming they have to be deep enough for the pen to sit in. I have one I am not using will have to give it a go and see if it works.

Daniel

Jeff I have a bunch of the plastic tubes. I can set you up with a dozen or so and you can test the waters before going all out. I used them to keep pens in to ship to Iraq and ended up with a bunch left over. The ones I have look slightly different than the one in your photo but very likely have the same basic flaws and performance etc. I do find they work best if you can put them in a container that will not allow the cap to fall off. CSUSA small box works pretty good with a little spacer added. Anyhoo give me a yell and we can get together and see what can be set up for you.

Top Bottom