Pen storage and care

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

spnemo

Are there anything I should avoid when storing pens? The reason I ask is that one of my friends said that the gel ink pen I gave here was leaking because she stored it vertically in the holder.

Are there other storage/care issues I should know to tell people when I give or sell pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

+1 on the gel - had that happen to my son's pen that was stored vertical

Watch heat like in a hot car.
Also make sure finish is fully cured before storing.

zig613

For rollerball pens if they are being stored for over 1+ months (making pens in the summe to build an inventory for Xmas) I will not put the refill in the pen until I put the pen out for display and/or when the pen is sold.

Wade

spnemo

For rollerball pens if they are being stored for over 1+ months (making pens in the summe to build an inventory for Xmas) I will not put the refill in the pen until I put the pen out for display and/or when the pen is sold.

Wade

Interesting - Why is that? Do they leak or damage the pen?

PenPal

Pen Storage and Care,

I carry a Slimline in my shirt pocket at all times on two separate occasions one pen the same one went through all cycles of the washing machine. The timber is African Ebony, the kit gold the kit is as original, the timber is as original with a lovely glow. The refill passed out in the pen body all the ink stayed inside. A good clean out, new refill and in constant use now for many years so normal refills used in Slims appear to hold up OK. This illustrates to me different kits give varying results.

Regards Peter.

zig613

Wade

Interesting - Why is that? Do they leak or damage the pen?

No they don't leak. But sometimes I may have a pen or two in my inventory for several months or more and I want to make sure the customer has a fresh refill when the pen is sold. So the refill remains capped until the pen is sold. This could be over-kill but old habits are hard to stop.

Wade

Top Bottom