Pen Station II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

Pen-Station.jpg

I have only done two pens in the last week, and they arent in here, but here is a Beautiful display made by Jeff Powell, Master Scroller, and a darned good cabinet and furniture maker.
The pens are some stuff I've thrown together that are not worthy of this nice of a display.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Very nicely done and not too overwhelming.Those are some nice looking pens to dress it up for sure. Thanks for showing.

sbell111

That's a pretty awesome stand, but for some reason I am reminded of the "beer bottle dominoes" video that was emailed to me a few weeks ago.

workinforwood

Very nice..well done Ken. Now you need to mount a dowel across the back and hang a black curtain so people can't see through the stand. That's what I'm going to do with my new one I just finished same as yours.
For those unfamiliar with the stand, there is a drawer in the back for extra stock and cash, thus the extra height, but the entire stand is probably only 15" or so. It weighs only 28 Lbs, which is pretty good because it is solid hard maple at 5/8 thick.
I like how you set it up too Ken. Same as me..cheapest on the bottom, best pens up top away from the kids and more in view of the customers. Pens won't go falling down when some kid hits the table.

bitshird

That's a pretty awesome stand, but for some reason I am reminded of the "beer bottle dominoes" video that was emailed to me a few weeks ago.
I sat it on a coffee table to snap the pictures and when one of my Shepherds crawled out from under the table she bumped it a little bit, All that fell off was the pens in the plastic stands, every thing else stayed put, the angle of the pens is enough to keep them in place along with the depth Jeff Drilled the nib sockets.

Very nice..well done Ken. Now you need to mount a dowel across the back and hang a black curtain so people can't see through the stand. That's what I'm going to do with my new one I just finished same as yours.
For those unfamiliar with the stand, there is a drawer in the back for extra stock and cash, thus the extra height, but the entire stand is probably only 15" or so. It weighs only 28 Lbs, which is pretty good because it is solid hard maple at 5/8 thick.
I like how you set it up too Ken. Same as me..cheapest on the bottom, best pens up top away from the kids and more in view of the customers. Pens won't go falling down when some kid hits the table.

Is it permissible to smack the kids parents or just the kid?? I guess not, I've been told it wouldn't be ***Socially Acceptable*** but neither are some children or their parents!
Jeff I like the idea of the curtain behind the pens, it also will make them stand out. I'm working on some things for you, Turning spindle like things are fun. sanding the contours is not fun!
The Pen Station gets it's first public showing at a very small 6 hour show about three miles from my house, my wife bought me a directors chair so I can park my keester and still see customers. I lifted it up on the table to take the pictures but was very careful and it's easy to handle , I just removed the drawer, saves a little lifting weight.

workinforwood

A director's chair..that's perfect. I'll make you one of them snap blocks. If a customer walks buy and doesn't buy a pen, You shout "hold on..Take two" and you snap the block. Then you direct the customer to come back and purchase a pen this time.

Top Bottom