Pen set for the Governor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ken69912001

ken69912001

My woodworking club received a request to make a pen and pencil set for the Governor of Indiana.They asked me to to pick out the kits to use and make the set. Another member made the pen box. The wood is from a pin oak that came down in a storm on the grounds of the historic Lane Place. It was the caretaker of the Lane Place who requested the pen set. I picked the Jr. Gent ballpoint and pencil set to use.

200852325246_DSC04233-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Very nice work on the pens. I love the way oak curls. It seems to curl really really deeply, then has that light coloring right in the curls to go with it.

I got my start selling wood with a bunch of firewood that my friend found, that was curly, then when I opened it up, found the gorgeous spalt. I still have a bunch of it left, but the spalt isn't there and the worms had a field day with it. That's a cool story to go with your wood too.
Rob

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
BEAUTIFUL job, Kenny.

Interesting, as I thought about the honor, I realized I would NOT WANT to make anything FOR our governor - he's a crook.

Hope YOUR governor is worthy of this great set!!!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Kenny , I'm glad you posted this , and glad I found it . Mitch will be very pleased with this set I'm sure . Excellent work on this project ! Can't wait to see more ! Thanks for sharing ! [8D]

Top Bottom