Pen/project quotes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Parshooter11

I've been in the situation of being asked to make a certain kind of pen/stopper and giving a price to the customer. Due to the myriad of blank and kit styles for the customer to choose from, has anyone figured out how to show them the options without them seeing my costs in the catalogs? I recently used Snagit to excerpt blanks and kits, sans prices, from a catalog/website into a separate document, but I didn't get them all to show as that's pretty tedious. Thanks!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

Choose a few of your favorites to make and show them them. Don't offer everything in the catalog or you will end spening more in shipping charges on a bunch of separate orders for 3-5 pen kits.

Or create a free website at weebly.com for your products with prices and direct them to the site.

Dan Masshardt

Do you really want to buy bits and bushings for any pen under the sun?

Just take pictures of what you've already made and like to make and send them.

Too many choices paralyze the decision making sometimes. Narrow it down somehow - type of pen or price range and sent them three kit style choices.

Olsarge

I think PSI has discontinued their sales brochure(sp). I was looking for it to show a friend and couldn't find it and even searched using the number I had ordered.

its_virgil

No way would I show a customer more than 4 or 5 choices. Its just too much. Quiz them as to what they like and don't like in a pen…twist, cap or no cap, rollerball or fountain pen or ballpoint. Wood or acrylic…color preferences. Ask info gathering question, listen carefully and they will tell you what they want. Then pick out 3 or 4 choices. Customers don't need to see all of what we can make. It only confuses the decisions. Good luck.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Lucky2

I have a catalogue from Penblanks.ca, William Wood-Write issues catalogue without the prices being listed. They issue a pricelist pamphlet that you get with the catalogue. It might be worthwhile getting in touch with them, to inquire about getting a catalogue. Or you could make a small purchase, and ask for one then.
Len

Fatdawg

I have sample/demo pens and pictures of all the kits I make to show customers. I keep the cut offs from all the blanks I've used. I turned the cut offs, mm and buffed then numbered for reference and have them on a cord to show some of the blank options.

Top Bottom