Pen press

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RKing

I am not sure what you call this press, but it is used to put the kits in the blanks. I am just wondering if there is a jig to do this, I have this press at home in Canada, but would need one here in Florida, and, if I have a plan I will make one.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

When I first started I just used a quick release clamp that I paid about $3 for at harbor freight. Pen presses are available at Woodcraft, Rockler, Grizzly and many of the online pen part suppliers. Some on here use their drill press or an arbor press (usually from HF). Some have used the vise on their workbench (go slow on this one). I think a few have even used their lathe. There are many options for pressing the pen together.

heinedan

Hello,

I would suggest that you contact Paul Huffman - Paul in OKC is his username on this forum. Paul makes a pen press and a drill press jig that are both comparable to nothing. I have his pen press, and it is an amazing work of engineering. You will wear out three of any other kind before you get Paul's tools broken in.

Dan

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Hello,

I would suggest that you contact Paul Huffman - Paul in OKC is his username on this forum. Paul makes a pen press and a drill press jig that are both comparable to nothing. I have his pen press, and it is an amazing work of engineering. You will wear out three of any other kind before you get Paul's tools broken in.

Dan
I read something about Paul taking a break for a bit, too much other work. He will be away for a little while it looks like.

les-smith

Some people use a arbor press from Harbour Freight. Cost $50.00 full price. I use the press from Woodcraft.

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 322
Top Bottom