Pen kit suppliers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BULLWINKLE

It's a matter of opinion but I prefer Exotic Blanks. Good prices, terrific service and a hand written thank you and bag of peanut m&m's with every order. Dawn and Ed are long time members here.
Second best are Penn State Industries. Good service overall and a help line for questions.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

415 members answered this poll, ExoticBlanks did pretty well!
Click on "view results" at bottom of first entry.

Last edited:

Hippie3180

I really like @Turners Warehouse they have a large inventory of kits + they ship at lightning speed. They also have a lot of kitless supplies and supplies for casting as well.

Craft Suppies USA ships quickly as well, lots of kit pens and blanks

Bullseye Turning has Apollos and Artemis kits (made in the USA)that are a bridge between kits and kitless, great customer service and quick shipping.

Exotic Blanks for a wide variety of blanks and specialty blanks, casting materials etc. Great customer service.

jttheclockman

Go to the library here and you will see a list of vendors for all sorts of materials used in pen making as well as vendors for kits. Everyone has developed over the years their go to vendors but I will say they ALL are the best. The things you hear about fast delivery is a thing . you hear alot of here. It has alot to do with location and the mail delivery system in your state and area. They all deliver fast. The bigger vendors have to process far more orders and possible like PSI far more skew #'s . The thing that stands out the most about choosing a place to buy kits is what kits are you wanting to buy. This will narrow your search. One vendor may offer a type of sierra kit but another vendor offers a sierra kit with a different trim package. Both made on the same assembly line in Taiwan or China. So you choose what kit looks better in your eyes as well as customers eyes. You see so many vendors having kits made specifically for them but it is basically a cosmetic change and they attach a name to it. There are a couple vendors that have their kits made in USA. I f you like the design then that may work for you. So to say preferred kit supplier is impossible to say. Ask 10 people and you get 12 answers. The big name vendors you can not go wrong. but as I said narrow the question down to specific kits and this will help you decide. Not every vendor follows the same business plan either. Good luck.

I buy 99.9% of my kits through PSI. Great customer service and great sale pricing. PLUS , they offer a turners club discount at 10% that usually applies to sale items too. I've tried others, even those that responded to you question, and they've all fallen short by a great distance. For special kits I use various sellers. I'm diabetic so I can't use, or eat, the goodies some offer.

jrista

I'd say I primarily order through Exotic Blanks and Turner's Warehouse. Both are excellent at shipping fast, and both have great selection. I also order from PSI, WoodTurningZ, Crooked Mill, Bear Tooth Woods, sometimes Berea (which I think is mainly what Woodcraft pen kits are as well, and I sometimes buy woodcraft kits locally.) I get all my bushings from tbcbushings.com except when I order from Turner's Warehouse, as they ship their own TBC bushings in these great little containers.

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
Here's a poll developed to determine which suppliers are used by our members?

Top Bottom