Pen Info Sheet for customers (Penventory Project)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

webmonk

Heya Folks,

I'm working on a feature that creates a printout for a pen based on the materials it was made from, the type of kit used, plating, etc. and I need some input/ideas on what kind of information would be useful to you if you were using it. Some of the things I'm already thinking of are:

-Descriptions of the material and finish on the kit (the sales copy basically).
-Instructions on how to change the ink.
-Care/Cleaning info.
-Info about who turned it. (contact info, etc.)

So what else would you want to see on a page that you gave to a customer?

BTW, if you haven't seen the Penventory in a while come on over (www.penventory.com) and check us out again. We've added lots of features and are close to leaving Beta and going fully live.

Thanks as always!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kenwc

How bout wood type, and origin of wood and characteristics (would require a datafill). An Option to print on the receipt a pic of the pen? Also, separate and aside from a receipt, could there be a way to print out for instance a "courtesy card" with info mentioned above and your name number...thank yous etc etc.

webmonk

Definitely the picture. Good suggestion. And I think the way I want the wood description to work is very similar to how all of the other lists work. You may select from the various descriptions created by the community or add one of your own.

What would be the difference of the courtesy card? Mainly size or something else?

kenwc

I was thinking size but in retrospect most people who provdie those with their pen most likely make them with MS Word or some Print-Shop application. You're really Developing quite a comprehensive application there.

webmonk

I print cards on heavy, glossy stock myself. However, this would still help because it would generate the content that I would just copy/paste into the application that does my cards. (I'm trying hard not to re-invent things, but instead I want to make the connection points that would tie those programs together.)

The other thing I was thinking about is that a customer could go to the website and type in the inventory number of the pen and get that content generated for them. Then all you'd need to give the customer is a card with the website and pen number.

tcastel

just a heads up Jon. The enter a new pen seems to have a little bug. It doesn't display the field for material typs but shows a list of material

webmonk

Thanks, I'll check it out!

When I click the 'Add Pen (no inventory used)' link I see the Material Type pulldown list about 3/4 of the way down the page. Is this the one you mean? If so, you should be able to add anything to the list you need by clicking the 'add to list' link just to the right of the pulldown.

The way I envisioned the setup is that the Material Type is the general classification of the blank used (wood, plastic, bone, etc.). The Material Name would be the specific kind of blank such as Cocobolo, Buffalo Horn, etc.

If you can think of any ways to make the descriptions more helpful/less confusing please let me know!

Thanks again for trying it out!

webmonk

Hmm... I'm still having trouble finding what you're describing. Would you mind going back to that page and copying the URL in your browser's address bar and sending it to me? You can either paste it here or email it to jon@centralridge.com.

Thanks!

Daniel

Jon,
I think tcastel is talking about the "Create Pen" page.
the only materials you choose from on this page are those that you have in Inventory. Hince the menus for kits and blanks.
these nemus concost of what you have entered on your kit and blank inventories. It was there that you where able to enter material.
hope that didn't confuse things.

webmonk

Aha! I think I understand now... When you click Create Pen you see those two pulldows (Kit Used and Blank Used) but you don't see anywhere to add something to that list. As Daniel pointed out, to add things to this list you need to click Add New Kit or Add New Blank in order to add things to your inventory. The reason for this is because the Create Pen link uses from your inventory to keep things up to date so you don't have to subtract them manually. If you're looking to enter pens without tracking your kit inventory or blank inventory (or if you are entering pens you've already made) click on the Add Pen (no inventory used) link and you should be able to do that.

Hope that helps! I'll add some better instruction on that page to hopefully clarify it for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom