Pen Donation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rojo22

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I have a retired doctor friend who travels to Haiti every 4 months or so. They have a group of doctors that go down, and have actually built a clinic over the years in a very remote village in Haiti. Every year about the November time frame they have a charity auction, and the doc friend asks for items that can be donated. I made this pen for the auction, and it brought $160 in the auction. I also donated a day of penturning instruction for two, and that brought in $250.

The pen is a Black Titanium Majestic, and the blank is the Tortoise from CSUSA.

The auction was in November, before the earthquake down there.

Attachments

• Charity Pen Small.jpg
    Charity Pen Small.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 279
  • Charity Pen2 small.jpg
    Charity Pen2 small.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 177
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Very nice fit and finish with this kit. Looks great. I used your post as an example in another thread here about Rockler clearance on the Majestic kit. I mentioned that is a perfect kit for donations or chariety raffles. It is just $20 for the kit and yet it has alot of bling for the buck. Thanks for showing.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Beautiful pen!

Did the clinic survive?

Lenny

The word my doc friend has received is that the clinic is still there, but it has some trying times ahead of it. I am in awe of the services the docs that travel down there offer, and they are the true heroes in the story. They go down every 4 months or so, and have hired a local doctor to run the clinic when they are not there. They could not even get to the clinic on the last trip after the earthquake. They ended up on the border helping people through the disaster, and the stories he told would break a grown man down to tears.

I have been helping my wood working mentor and the doc finish up a grandfather clock that is totaly done in marquetry. They will be donating it in a raffle, and the proceeds will go toward the clinic down there. The clock is absolutely a piece of artwork, and one of those projects that a woodworking person would call a cornerstone of their woodworking career. I will post pictures when we get it finished. I am happy to be part of the construction of the clocks, and that the proceeds will be going to something like this.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice fit and finish with this kit. Looks great. I used your post as an example in another thread here about Rockler clearance on the Majestic kit. I mentioned that is a perfect kit for donations or chariety raffles. It is just $20 for the kit and yet it has alot of bling for the buck. Thanks for showing.

That is a great price for the kit. I wish I had some extra kits laying around, because they make an awesome presentation piece. You cannot go wrong for that type of price either.

Top Bottom