Pen display tray- Wanna guess?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

wood-of-1kind

I had this tray laying around and it just begged to be made into something more "useful". So here it is as a pen display tray. A quick project made for the fun of it. Any guesses as to what the "tray" was really intended for? Hope that you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed giving it another "life".:)

P1010001.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010008.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Yep, looks like my bacon tray for the microwave oven.

Man, you guys are too quick. That's exactly right.:biggrin: Wifey does NOT allow us to have bacon from the microwave and so I had to put it to 'different' use, so not to upset her. You know, happy wife, happy life for the rest of us.

PenMan1

With all due respect, Peter, it makes a nice pen display.....BUT, we have to draw the line on what we approiate from the kitchen! Us fat boys Sho Do like our bacon:)

LeeR

With all due respect, Peter, it makes a nice pen display.....BUT, we have to draw the line on what we approiate from the kitchen! Us fat boys Sho Do like our bacon:)

Come on now ... any self-respecting bacon lover knows you fry it so it bathes itself in all of that delightful grease while cooking. :)

Serioulsy now, I save all our bacon fat to make the homemade suet for the woodpeckers and chickadees.

ctubbs

Come on now ... any self-respecting bacon lover knows you fry it so it bathes itself in all of that delightful grease while cooking. :)

Serioulsy now, I save all our bacon fat to make the homemade suet for the woodpeckers and chickadees.

Let the birds find their own grease, I'll use my bacon drippings to fry the eggs and make thickening gravy!
Charles

tjseagrove

1 1/2 pigs worth of belly and back bacon in my freezer...cured and smoked. That fat goes in the gravy with the fresh home made sausage and associated drippings.

Now for the first bacon wrapped cast pen!!!!

Fred

Yea, death by bacon fat ... Have you noticed that if you do actually cook bacon in the microwave, that the grease does not cool down and go into a solid state like it does when cooked in the skillet? I wonder if the difference appears in our arteries as well! (Now that is a question to ponder over and digest ... pun is intended!)

I use some of my bacon grease to make truly Southern cornbread ... NO SUGAR ALLOWED IN MY CORN MEAL!

Top Bottom