Pen display cases

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

William Young

I agree with eaglesc about the bonehead way that site is set up. Who wants to used the scroll bar continuously to view a site.
There are some nice display cases in there but I too think they are overpriced.

Are we just pen makers or do we also do some other type of wood working.? Point in mind....
Here is one of several display cases I have made out of odds and ends and scraps. Even the pull on the drawer came from an old discarded dresser.
Works for me.
Plexiglass lid was in exchange for a pen at my local glass shop.
W.Y.

68018027.jpg

rjuhl

Don't know why, but the www.usadisplay.net/pen.htm page displays just fine in Netscape or Firefox. It is hard to deal with in Explorer.

Randy in Pittsburgh

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The site has a lot of good ideas-go forth and copy!!![}:)][}:)][}:)]

I believe he is buying these from several different sources and reselling. Years ago I bought the plastic see through cases. The tops don't fit tight enough to stay on in transit (for me, your mileage may vary) and the plastic itself is a little flimsy (again-you may be happy with it). I do store pens in them at home, but they are relocated if they get to travel.

Having used my plano cases twice now, I am happy with them. (Plano 3700 with pen tubes inserted). Again, they are ONLY for transport, NOT display.

William's case is beautiful!!! Maybe he will give you a quote!??[:)]

William Young

Joe;
I made that piece out of a flat 3/4" board. I used a straight edge and clamps as a fence and marked the board off in 1" lines and kept moving the router over to the next one until the grooves were all cut. I think the name of the bit is a core box bit. It is the one that is rounded on the bottom with no beraing.
For the hard wearing velvety green finish , I did that using flocking.
First a matching color paint that has a special glue in it is painted on the wood. Then a blow gun puts the powdered flocking on. Let sit overnight and then turn it upside down and tap the bottom and all the excess comes off and leaves a nice even finish.
There is a minimal learning curve to using flocking because complete instructions come with it.
I also use it on the insides of the drawers of some of my bandsaw boxes and other type boxes and jewelry cases etc.
Here is one of the sources for getting a basic flocking kit
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=44669&cat=1,250,43298,43300

Hope this is of some help.

W.Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom