Pen Display Case

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

liljohn1368

Does anybody use this type of pen display case. If so what are your thoughts on them? These are a 48 pen case leather. Holds the smaller type pens.

Attachments

• 200833162730727.jpg
    200833162730727.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 520
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

liljohn1368

I saw the ones from wood craft. They are nice. I can get these for around 28$. And also the 30 pen case that holds the larger pens.

blade.white

1960 Diplomat View, Colorado Springs, CO 80905
The little plastic tray that holds the pens will come unglued from time to time, especially with the heavier pens. And during transport your pens will slide around. To help with this problem take a cheap 1/4-3/8 foam yoga mat cut a piece big enough to fit inside the cut out in the box. Protects your pens and helps stop them from moving during transport.

plantman

JP; I have 10-12 of these cases that I keep part of my collection in. Some are 10-15 years old with no problems. If I have pairs such as a pen and pencil set I put them side by side with an empty space in between. If I have slim line or smaller pens, I may put one in every space. For the larger pens, I put one in every other space. Much better to see and remove. When I travel to show them, I place a pad of bubble wrap between lids. Just unsnap your two latches and there ready to show. By keeping a set pattern in your case, you will know if one is missing right away !!! Jim S

Attachments

• photoMA29858502-0002.jpg
    photoMA29858502-0002.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 991
  • photoMA29860843-0001 (640x477).jpg
    photoMA29860843-0001 (640x477).jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

liljohn1368

JP; I have 10-12 of these cases that I keep part of my collection in. Some are 10-15 years old with no problems. If I have pairs such as a pen and pencil set I put them side by side with an empty space in between. If I have slim line or smaller pens, I may put one in every space. For the larger pens, I put one in every other space. Much better to see and remove. When I travel to show them, I place a pad of bubble wrap between lids. Just unsnap your two latches and there ready to show. By keeping a set pattern in your case, you will know if one is missing right away !!! Jim S

Thanks for the info plantman... And you have a nice collection of pens....

magpens

I use a very similar looking display case which has spaces for 32 pens. I prefer this size because the spaces are bigger and will hold pens bigger than slimlines quite easily. I put pens only in every other space.

I then use a plate easel to hold the pen display case upright at an angle to the table top.

The plate easel looks like this (I use the two biggest sizes):

https://www.eddies.com/products/Plate-Bowl-Easels-164020

Sabaharr

I just got 3 of the aluminum Woodcraft cases mentioned above while they were on closeout. My only beef about them is they have too many slots for slim pens and not enough for larger ones. I would rather have fewer spaces that I can use then lots of little empty ones. I might try to swap out the holders from 2 of them and make a case dedicated to just big pens and sell the "All Slims" case on ebay.

turncrazy43

Try Gemsondisplay.com. They sell the cases and inserts at an economical price. They only hold 10 pens in each insert but the 2" box will hold two inserts. I have used mine for 3 years of shows and they have held up well. I bought 4 for the price of one of the 32 or 48 pen boxes. As has been said the insert in the woodcraft boxes will come un glued from the lid after time if you store anything other than slim lines.

Skie_M

Try Gemsondisplay.com. They sell the cases and inserts at an economical price. They only hold 10 pens in each insert but the 2" box will hold two inserts. I have used mine for 3 years of shows and they have held up well. I bought 4 for the price of one of the 32 or 48 pen boxes. As has been said the insert in the woodcraft boxes will come un glued from the lid after time if you store anything other than slim lines.

Well, epoxy it back on! :) (or swap out the insert for one to your liking and epoxy it in)

thewishman

I use the same company.

Trays Jewelry Tray with Glass Lid | Gems on Display

Tray liners Tray Liner-10 Compartment-Full Size | Gems on Display

Case Premium Carrying Case (sm.) | Gems on Display

Just be careful. Jewelry salespeople carry the same bags with lots of expensive jewels in them. You may be suspected of having lots of loot in your bag, that might attract unwanted attention. My car is NOT something that a jewelry salesperson would drive.

Skie_M

I use the same company.

Trays Jewelry Tray with Glass Lid | Gems on Display

Tray liners Tray Liner-10 Compartment-Full Size | Gems on Display

Case Premium Carrying Case (sm.) | Gems on Display

Just be careful. Jewelry salespeople carry the same bags with lots of expensive jewels in them. You may be suspected of having lots of loot in your bag, that might attract unwanted attention. My car is NOT something that a jewelry salesperson would drive.

Sew some obvious patches onto the carry case bag to define it as yours .... not something that a jewelery salesperson would sport, but still tasteful for your special enterprise! :)

Top Bottom