Pen disassembly tool

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jckossoy

Does anyone know where I can buy or make a disassembly tool for a European pen (7mm hole). I had turned a beautiful piece of gaboon ebony and when I was putting it together, I pushed the mechanism in too far.:( Any help would be appreciated. Once I get it fixed, I post a picture of the pen.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bjackman

Even easier, & probablly cheaper.
You will need: 1/8" rod, 1/4 rod or bolt & a piece of reasonablly hard material.
Drill a 1/4" hole in the hardest material you have around. Corian works well, a fairly hard wood like maple will also work for a while.

You need a very long nail, or rod roughly 1/8" diameter to poke down through the transmission to the inside of the nib. Using a hammer on the rod sticking through the transmission and resting on the inside of the nib, tap the nib out.

Now, insert the transmission into the 1/4 hole and put the bolt into the other end of the pen/tube (where the nib used to be) and press, not hammer or tap the trans. out of the tube and into the 1/4 hole. You should be able to keep from doing major damage to the lower barrel wood as it is held by the blank while the trans. goes into the hole.

daledut

I got a complete set of transfer punches from Harbor Freight for $7.99. It has a size for everything. I have diassembled SL, Cigar, SL pro, and Euro with this set.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3577

its_virgil

I have a set or two of the HF transfer punches. Best $8 I've spent. Check out this for transmission removal.
http://www.stinggroup.addr.com/projects/turn/cushion/twist.html

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom