Pen Design

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

liljohn1368

I own a printing shop and I had a question. I can print things like the image below on vinyl. The question is will vinyl adhere to the tube and would it look good with clear resin over it and some kind of flame looking blank on the bottom?

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 126
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I don't know for sure, but the resins most of us use get pretty hot, and may distort the vinyl. I know many people have printed on decal paper. That might be an option.

Curly

Easiest way to find out is stick a scrap of the vinyl on some aluninium foil and fold up the sides to make a little pan. Mix and pour some resin on and see if anything bad happens.

BradG

It will be fine would be my guess :) I stick vinyl to metal all the time and pour boiling water all over it. the heat seems to melt the adhesive helping it bond more and the only shrinking what occurs helps alleviate bubbles. never any distortion.

As others have said though, give it a go with a bit of scrap though i see no reason why it would fail. just make sure the tubes are very well cleaned.

TBCbushings

If you don't mind I would like to use you for some printing jobs on vinyl...Ill see what I can come up with...I have some ideas for my sons marching band...I have a way to cut vinyl but not print on it...

Top Bottom