Pen Clips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jyreene

So I have a few friends that have been asking for special clips for the pens I make. I have looked around and haven't been able to find them and since I'm not all the great with metal working I figured I would turn here where we have many experts.

They want the clips to resemble those of a pocket knife, real wide and sturdy. The only two ways I've though of doing this are buying a metric but ton of el cheapo pocket knives and trying to convert them or finding someone with a CNC machine and getting them cut out and just bending them myself.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? Getting them to match up to specific pen kits would be a small challenge but I think it would be doable somehow.

Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

The first question in my mind is: What size or model pen are you wanting them for?

There's a lot of offerings from various suppliers for Slimline/7mm tubes. And I've seen smaller numbers of offerings for other size pens, but would have to do some searching to find them again.

jyreene

Ken - Those would work but I would run into the problem of attaching them to the pen. I'm sure I could figure out the invisible clip system but I'd rather not learn to do too many things at once. That's how I almost gave up turning when a bowl blank bounced off my chest!

Dave - I'm thinking Cigar size pen or even a Wall Street. These are some of my Marine buddies that want them.

kooster

Just a side note . . . the knife kits site above has some very interesting materials listed for their handles. (zebra, giraffe bone and others). Wonder how they'd turn out as pen blanks?

Top Bottom