Pen branding and boxes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

meshel

Hi,

I'm new to this proffesion of pen turning, turned only three pens but already sold one (I'm impressed with myself, not the quality of my pen turning :))
I have two questions for you:
1. Is there any supplier that supplies branded kits (for example my logo and name on the clip)? does anyone sell branded pens?
2. Pen holding boxes - what sort of boxes do you sell the pens in (if any), and where do you normally by the hardware for them (hinges, etc...)

Thanks
Moshe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kf4knf

welcome meshel!

I would warn you - if a business is looking for cheap marketing material I would run the other way. If you agree, you will likey be under selling your work. Set a price and if they want to purchase quality company logo pens for high end clients that is another story. Consider having a batch of pens engarved by a IAP member maybe??

Pen boxes can be purchased in bulk for cheap - www.novelbox.com. Otherwise, use a supplier like PSI or CUSA like Penmonky recomended.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by kf4knf
Pen boxes can be purchased in bulk for cheap - www.novelbox.com. Otherwise, use a supplier like PSI or CUSA like Penmonky recomended.

I do Group buys here on IAP for pen boxes from Novel box if you don't want to order the minimums they set. I just finished one and will probably do another in a month or so.

meshel

I think I have been slightly misunderstood by some...

1. I'm looking for a way to customize pens so they are branded for me, not client logos - but "This pen was made by..." and I want it to be on a replacable pen part, and not burned on the wood - like a band or the top (in appropriate pen types) - it seems that some of this could be done here: http://www.hutproducts.com/clogo9.html

2. I wan't to build the boxes myself - so I'm looking for sources for good box hardware. I know of http://www.leevalley.com but I want to know if there are other options. However http://www.novelbox.com seems to have some items I would like to buy (those pouches look sweet).

Thanks for all the helpfull links!

kf4knf

Sorry, I think I did misunderstand you question. [:I]

So I assume you are looking for box hardware like hinges and such - have you looked at woodcraft or rockler yet? They are a bit more expensive than most places but have a good selection.

Hut could make your logo, but wouldnt it be a pain to have to switch out parts if a customer buys a pen decides they dont want the branding? It would also be more expensive than other alternatives. Why not incorperate that logo into your custom made box? I think that is what most do...

chigdon

I logo all of my pens and have found the only way to do it cleanly is with a laser engraver. I am fortunate enough to have someone local to do it for me. One day laser engravers will come down in price enough for me to consider owning one but they are still pretty expensive (and another thing I would have to figure out).

As far as boxes go, I got tired of trying to find the right box that would fit the pens I tend to make -- and then deal with availability. I ended up having some leather cases made. I do sell them as well if you are interested.

angboy

Originally posted by chigdon
<br />I logo all of my pens and have found the only way to do it cleanly is with a laser engraver. I am fortunate enough to have someone local to do it for me. One day laser engravers will come down in price enough for me to consider owning one but they are still pretty expensive (and another thing I would have to figure out).

As far as boxes go, I got tired of trying to find the right box that would fit the pens I tend to make -- and then deal with availability. I ended up having some leather cases made. I do sell them as well if you are interested.

Being the proud owner of a PITH chigdon pen, I can attest to the classy way his pens are marked/show a logo/identify the maker- best I've seen. So you should take a look at Chris'!

meshel

Thank you everybody for your great help!

I've recieved here very helpfull information. Sadly I don't have laser engraving available to me (maybe I have to look more) in my area - but it certainly seems like the classiest way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom