Pen Blank Storage Solution

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

Like most of you, I get lots of catalogs in the mail, many related to tools etc. In one of the catalogs I get, I found this item that I though might be of interest to some of the folks here on IAP. https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009040314013566&catname=&qty=1&item=1-3123 It is a workbench/storage with 100 storage bins that look like they would be perfect for pen blanks. I ordered one and notice that there are only six left so you might want to act fast if it looks like something that would work well for you. Just thought I'd share.

Jim Smith

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

For those that may be interested in this, freight to Indianapolis was going to be $108. Still not a bad deal but I think I will pass.

Jim Smith

My Pen storage bench arrived the other day. I picked it up at the freight terminal so the shipping costs were less than I feared. I'm not sure if this was originally made for the USPS or not, but it's entirely made out of steel and as such is very solid and weighs quite a bit. The "blank storage" will hold at least 1200 average sized pen blanks which is more than I have, at least right now. I modified the desk a bit by adding a 30x60 inch maple top. This gives me more room to lay tools down so I can lose them. Anyway, I thought I'd share my first impressions of the bench and so far it's all very positive. I'll post a photo when I have all the customization done and the blanks stored and labeled.

Jim Smith

Top Bottom