Pen assembly and disassembly tool...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Karl_99

I am selling a pen disassembly tool for 7mms pen kits. Please check the ad "Miscellaneous Kits" in this section.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I personally would'ntfool with a disassembly kit for one specific pen kit. Your best bet is a transfer punch set. This will allow you to disassemble any pen kit. Just select the punch that fits the tube best and knock the parts out of the tube.
Not sure what you are referring to as a pen assembly tool unless you mean a pen press. However, I have used a clamp, vice, and even my drill press in the past to press the parts in.

toddlajoie

Monty is dead on with the Transfer punch set, an invaluable tool, and all that is needed for nearly any disassembly. The only important thing they can't do easily right out of the box is remove a 7mm transmission easily, but if you can drill a 7mm hole in a block of wood, you can get that done too...:)

As for assembling,I made a set similar to this:

art_pen_ult_ase_too.jpg

and love it for assembling pens by turning the MT2 and flat press area out of scrap (doesn't have to be a perfect MT2, as you will not have your lathe on when you use them!!!:tongue:) It gives you MUCH more precise control over how far you press things in (great for those 7mm transmissions in odd sized barrels...) than any of the hand presses I've used...

Cmiles1985

Agreed on the punch set. I used mine for the first time last night on a cigar (dummy me switched the tubes around!). As for assembly, I used to use a clamp. I bought a Milescraft on Amazon (somewhere around $50). It seems very well built, and I like it so far.

LeeR

I bought the HF 28 piece transfer punch set for &7.50, since I've found a few 25% off coupons in various magazines. I seldom shop HF but every other transfer punch set I've looked at looks same or similar to this one, and often much more expensive.

I've taken a paint pen to the tops of the 4-5 I use most for pens, so they are easy to spot in the case.

Quality Pen

Thanks for the great tip about the HF punch set. They definitely have good deals on certain things. I can't imagine punch sets are one of those things where you'll regret buying from HF.

I saw a really awesome home made pen assembly tool I might try to make as well.

I just put together my first pen the other day and boy... it didn't take me long to realize it might be worth it to have a more precise tool because it is a lot more difficult than these simple youtube videos make it look. They are pros after all!

Top Bottom