Pen and pocket knife set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jwnwoodworking

I wanted to make a matching pen and pocket knife set. I just finished it up today. The pen is a Triton kit, with custom decorative band and finial. The knife is a kit from Rockler. The material is tortoise shell acrylic polished to 12,000 micro mesh. I back painted the blank with metallic silver. My first try back painting the blank (on any blank ever) was with black and it just didn't look right, so I started over.

Thanks for looking.

~jake

Attachments

• IMG_20160911_131900.jpg
    IMG_20160911_131900.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 271
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bpgoldo

What a good idea to produce a set. Now I have to start thinking about that. Terrific sales and marketing direction. Why sell one, when two items that shouldn't be split are offered. This make enormous sense. Nice work by the way.

OZturner

Excellent Set, of pen and Pocket Knife,
Love the Colour of the Blank used.
But unfortunately your "Portrait"/"End On" photograph, doesn't allow for any meaningful view's of the Profiles, or Fits.
Could you please consider using "Landscape"/ "Side On" with the items across the photograph.
Then a meaningful Critique can be given.
Kind regards,
Brian.

Excellent Set, of pen and Pocket Knife,
Love the Colour of the Blank used.
But unfortunately your "Portrait"/"End On" photograph, doesn't allow for any meaningful view's of the Profiles, or Fits.
Could you please consider using "Landscape"/ "Side On" with the items across the photograph.
Then a meaningful Critique can be given.
Kind regards,
Brian.

Thanks for the feedback. I am new to the forum and taking pictures if my work. I will try to post some more pictures tomorrow that show the profile and fits better.

OZturner

Thank you Jake,
Your Fit's look Fine.
Forgive me for another suggestion.
Please have a close look at most of the Photographs posted, in regard to backgrounds, and how they are framed, also try to avoid the Full Daylight, Heavy Shadow effect. It will make a big difference.
Well done,
Brian.

Top Bottom