Pecan Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jptruett

Does anyone know where I can get some good pecan blanks? My son is a Sergeant with the Texas Highway Patrol and he is wanting me to make some slim line pens for his troopers for Christmas. Pecan is the State Tree of Texas so he is hoping I can make them for him. I need about 10 blanks. I sure would appreciate any help you might have.

Jerry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Milpaul

E-bay may sound like a strange place to find wood, but these guys are great to deal with. Never a problem, very reasonable.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pecan-Wood-Pen-Blanks-Lumber_W0QQitemZ190117475179QQihZ009QQcategoryZ71234QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

jptruett

Thanks for the speedy replys!! Gary, I will wait until I hear from you. I do greatly appreciate this and I know that the Troopers will appreciate it also - especially when they write tickets!!!

Jerry

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I have as much pecan as you can handle. I will donate it to you seeing as how I am a fellow Texan and am very appreciative of the job the state LEOs do. My brother-in-law is a Texas State Game Warden and my Father-in-law is retired Game Warden.

Just let me know if you would like my help with this project. I can provide regular pecan or spalted pecan. Spalted pecan will make a pen with more of a wow factor than regular pecan.

jptruett

WOW MesquiteMan! That is great. I need enough for 10 pens, but could a couple of extra just in case. My address is as follows:

deleted for security

Let me know about the postage and I will send you a check to cover it. Thanks again!

My son is located in Huntsville and will be coming home the week-end of Sept. 22. He has never turned anything before, so I going to have the blanks drilled and the tubes glued before he gets here and then let him do most of the turning. I'm sure he will get hooked and be back more often to do more of them. Then he can say that "he made them" and that will mean more to the Troopers that he works with.

I do appreciate this very much!

Jerry

rtrimyer

Hey,

I am a State park Police Officer with Texas Parks and Wildlife, I have 11 slimline bands in 24k gold plate with 2007 in black if you want them I can send them your way. Always looking to help out fellow officers. the Pecan sure does turn nicely, also if you can get some antler it looks pretty sharp with antler over pecan. If you are ever in the neighborhood of Guadalupe River State Park look me up.

Thank you,

jptruett

rtrimyer,

The 2007 slimline bands would give the pens an even more personal touch. I would appreciate having them. My address is above, or I can send it to you if you need it. The response to my request has really overwhelming and I do appreciate it very much!!

Jerry

GaryMGg

Well, Jerry looks like Curtis has something better than my Florida pecan -- he's got Texas pecan for Texas lawmen. Those are gonna make great pens. Don't forget to post pics.
Nice upstage Curtis [8D][;)][:D]

tnilmerl

I have plenty to spare. You want spalted, figured, curled, plain-jane? I have some nicely figured, with tones from blond all the way to deep chocolate.

Email me and we can work out the details.

jptruett

Thank you Curtis!

I will diffently take some pictures of the finished product and try to share them with you and the forum. If by chance I can't post them here, I will send it to you via email and attachment. I can only hope that I will be allowed to help others the way you have helped me and the way that many others have offered their help. I appreciate this so very much.

Jerry

jptruett

Hey Curtis,

The blanks arrived today. The prickly pear cactus blank looks very interesting!! I am going to make Terry (My son) one of the pecan, but I am going to make the prickly pear cactus and give it to him for Christmas. I will see how I come out with it, but I feel sure that I will be ordering some from you soon!

Thanks again, I really do appreciate your gesture of good will to some of the State Troopers in the Huntsville area.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom