PC help again please!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I'm using windows 7 ISP is U-verse Turbo speed with a D-link router. Since switching from IE to Firefox, most functions improved. But, when watching youtube vids or any other videos like, on other sites, the audio gets ahead of the video. I've been through all sorts of updates, and health checks, and come up with no apparent way to fix this issue. Also, I'm using MS Security Essentials.

Any suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

frank123

You say you switched from IE to Firefox. I'm assuming video was working on IE before you made the switch.

Does IE still play right or is the problem there now as well?

Akula

Next time you get that choppy video, right click it, and click on "About HTML5"

It will tell you that youtube has automatically enrolled you in their beta testing and to opt out you click the link on the bottom to stop seeing HTML5 videos.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
You say you switched from IE to Firefox. I'm assuming video was working on IE before you made the switch.

Does IE still play right or is the problem there now as well?
Yes, it was working with IE, but had other issues with IE. Also, there was a banner on Youtube that, said "Work better with Firefox" (something to that affect) Having had Firefox in Florida without issues, I made the switch. IE caused Yahoo mail to DRAG so bad here, is why I switched to Firefox. THAT part works. I've avoided switching back to IE so far, inhopes of finding the remedy. Although, that may be what I'll try. Thanks!

Next time you get that choppy video, right click it, and click on "About HTML5"

It will tell you that youtube has automatically enrolled you in their beta testing and to opt out you click the link on the bottom to stop seeing HTML5 videos.
Thanks! I'll try that.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
OK, I tried the HTML5 route. Sent a report on my issue. It seems to be working better on a short test run.

Thanks for the help!

frank123

Usual routine before troubleshooting deeper

Renew your IP address and reset your modem

reboot computer

uninstall and reinstall Firefox

restore your computer to the point before you installed Firefox the first time test with IE to confirm its working right then reinstall Firefox again and try it

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Usual routine before troubleshooting deeper

Renew your IP address and reset your modem

reboot computer

uninstall and reinstall Firefox

restore your computer to the point before you installed Firefox the first time test with IE to confirm its working right then reinstall Firefox again and try it
OK, that will keep me busy for awhile :biggrin: Thanks Frank!

randyrls

Chuck; You may want to try; Clear your cache files and cookies.
Clear Cache: Select "Tools", "Options", "Advanced", "Network" tab, click on "Clear Now". Check the "Limit Cache To" field and set it to no more than 100MB.

Clear cookies: Select "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", Click on "Show Cookies", type "youtube" and then click "Delete Selected" for all the cookies shown. Do the same thing for "google" cookies. You may have a corrupted cookie on your system.

Hope this helps...

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck; You may want to try; Clear your cache files and cookies.
Clear Cache: Select "Tools", "Options", "Advanced", "Network" tab, click on "Clear Now". Check the "Limit Cache To" field and set it to no more than 100MB.

Clear cookies: Select "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", Click on "Show Cookies", type "youtube" and then click "Delete Selected" for all the cookies shown. Do the same thing for "google" cookies. You may have a corrupted cookie on your system.

Hope this helps...
Firefox has a different set up for clearing cache & cookies, but I got that much done. Tried going back to IE. It says it is already installed, but I don't see it in programs. and no icon on my desktop. I'm taking a break.

Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom