Past contests

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Last years Bash free style casting contests are not showing. Is there another place to see them/ I am looking under management team and Past bash results.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I reckon they were hosted off site and have now been deleted.

I don't understand why we allow off site hosting....:confused:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I am looking into it. If I can get copies of the pictures I will upload them. They may not be available anymore.

THe Chairmen are supposed to upload to the website. I dont check to see where all the photos are sourced. I will make sure it is addressed.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Last year we used a separate server to handle the bash contest form submissions. People made their submissions, including photos, to a form hosted at iapbash.org

These photos were posted using a link to where the photos were stored on that server.

We were not planning to use that server this year, so I let the hosting agreement expire.

Stand by, I'm working on getting the photos back.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'll have to check with Curtis to see if he has copies of what was on that server.

I was not aware that we had posted Bash photos by linking back to that server. The more permanent way would be to upload them. As Steven points out, off-site hosting is not desirable. We allow it only because there was a lot of squawking when we tried to prohibit it.

jttheclockman

male30-male-sad-lonely-smiley-emoticon-000072-facebook.gif

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
A Bash Team position we probably need to fill is "Photo Archivist". Someone to scour all the bash contest photos and put them in a photo album. I and others have tried (you'll see a couple of partly full bash albums if you look), but it would really take a person dedicated to the task.

jttheclockman

To not add to the confusion it maybe a good idea to set up a designated area to have all entries posted and then the winners from each contest and have the person running them do so. Yes some contests are going to be quite lengthy but it is not something that has to be done in a week or so. Just as long as it gets done before the next Bash. Have its own forum and sub forums or have the prefix word used in this, instead of having to go through multiple places to view them. What I am trying to say is take out from under the activities manager forum and have it own forum such as the IAP Collection forum. Easier to find that way. I know myself i keep forgetting it is under that heading.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have contacted the Chairman of that Contest. Mr Vic. He has the originals and will need to sort them out according to their numbers in the contest. He will then re upload them.
It will be later today after he gets off work before he can get to it. Thanks Vic.

D.Oliver

I am looking into it. If I can get copies of the pictures I will upload them. They may not be available anymore.

THe Chairmen are supposed to upload to the website. I dont check to see where all the photos are sourced. I will make sure it is addressed.

How exactly are the chairmen supposed to upload the photos? With this form based entry into contest they don't send the photos to us. The photos are uploaded to a server the just before voting starts the chairman get a spread sheet with links to the photos. Once upon a time, people emailed their photos directly to the chairmen, and we didn't have the problems being discussed above.

I have contacted the Chairman of that Contest. Mr Vic. He has the originals and will need to sort them out according to their numbers in the contest. He will then re upload them.
It will be later today after he gets off work before he can get to it. Thanks Vic.

How does Mr. Vic have the originals? Did he download each one from the server? If so, how is that any more efficient than the email based entry system? Not only that, but if you are talking about adding a photo curator, you seem to be losing any benefit you gained to ease the job of the prize distribution person.

jttheclockman

I can not see the pen box contest either of last years bash. 2 contests I want to enter. Have to go in blind I guess.

jttheclockman

Someone please let me know if those photos are visible again.

Just checked Jeff and we are back in business. Thank you and to all involved to get these back on line. Being the bash is right around the corner it is good to get a look at last years entries and winners to know what to expect somewhat. I am getting my entries ready. I look forward to competing this year. It has been too long. :)

Top Bottom