Passing of a Great Man

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

marksman

To all fellow IAPers,

I wanted to share the passing of an instrumental partner of Marksman Pens. On Tuesday, April 22, my dad unexpectedly passed away from a stroke. He never posted directly here on the IAP but he was a driving force behind everything that Marksman Pens has ever done and ever will do in the future. He was my dad, my pops, the papa of my kids, my advisor, my business partner, my counselor, my sounding board, my friend and my bud. In hindsight, he was much of the purpose behind what Marksman stands for. He challenged me to do things that might have otherwise been passed over. We had a memorial service for him yesterday where he received full military honors. It was a humbling and overwhelming experience. To say he will be greatly missed is an understatement.

Msg. Ralph Willey, U.S. Army, Ret. Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information

Marksman

Last edited:

keithbyrd

I am sorry - I lost my dad a few years ago and my brother's services were Wednesday. Losing family is never easy - my thoughts and prayer are with you.

What a wonderful man he must have been to have such an impact on you. What an awesome legacy he has left in your heart. If all fathers could leave such a legacy this country and world would be far ahead of where it is now. Sorry about your loss Mark but he has left you with something that most can only wish they had.

socdad

Mark my condolences to you and your family. I lost my father, at 18 years old, almost 45 years ago. We still talk every day ... rather I talk, he listens.

Last edited:

cestmoi

My deepest sympathies for your loss, Mark. It sounds like you are a lucky person to have had such a wonderful father, friend, mentor and inspiration. I'm praying you find peace and comfort on your journey through grief.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi, At a time like this it is always good to remember that for believers: Passing from this life is not the end, it is the beginning.

While you and your family has suffered a loss, your father has gained. My heart felt condolances to those of you who remained behind.

Cmiles1985

Please accept my condolences. It sounds like your father was an amazing man! Anyone can be a father, but it takes someon special to be "dad" and it sounds like he has won the part to forever be in your heart. Have a blessed weekend reflecting on happy times.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Mark, you have my condolences and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Your father sounds like a wonderful man. Take peace & comfort in the knowledge that you will see him again some day.

Marc

Mark,
You described a great relationship with your father. I admire the closeness and respect that resonate from your words, and I feel your loss. My condolences to you and your family and I feel the character with which you will carry on.

Marc

elkhorn

So very sorry for your loss. My dad passed a few years ago and I held him in the same regard you do your dad. Our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family.

marksman

Thanks to all for your support. I find your comments very comforting. I printed them out for my mom and sister to read and they appreciated them as well.

Marksman

seamus7227

Mark,
so sorry to hear about your loss. I cant imagine the difficulty of losing a father. If there is anything i can do to help just know that you have friends all over that dont mind doing so for ya!

Sorry for your loss, it is heart felt that you honor him with all those titles. It is people like him who are many times forgotten and men such as him earned all the freedoms we share today.

Top Bottom