Pass It Forward

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeweler53

4240 Wellington Loop SE, Lacey, WA, 98503
I had a great time with the last Pass It Forward game (thanks to Ed for organizing it). I volunteered to organize a new game and Mike, our Activities Director, gave me the go-ahead.
There were a few problems last time around, I am tightening up the rules some. I have also added an option for those who prefer not to get involved in overseas shipments. We will have a USA only box and an Anywhere box. This will allow more flexibility for members to choose whether they want to get involved in overseas shipping or not.

This is a simple game: I will fill at least 2 small flat rate boxes with as much nice pen making goodies as possible. Everyone that is signed up will get the box in turn and can take whatever they like and fill the box back to capacity with their own selection of goodies and send it on to the next in line and I'll get it back in the end. I am not sure what I will do with the contents when I get them back, since I don't know what will be in them. If I can, I will put together at least on really nice box for use in an upcoming IAP activity. Participation is open to all IAP members in good standing (US & International).

The rules are simple:

Any pen making goodies can be placed in the box: blanks (natural or man-made), kits, small tools/jigs, supplies, etc. As long as it fits in the box, it can be included. Please, no chemicals, aerosols or liquids though as that could cause complications.

When you get the box, you will photograph the contents, and keep whatever you like for yourself. Feel free to keep the entire contents of the box if you wish. The only requirement is that you must fill up the box with equal or better quality items than you received. They do not have to be the same type of items. The "value" of the box should never go down! If you wish, you may identify which items you added. (This is not a requirement.) If you can't replace what you remove with something of equal or greater value, don't remove it!

You MUST AGREE to keep it a small flat rate box. The focus of the game is quality of items over quantity and an SFRB will minimize shipping costs for everyone. The cost of shipping a larger box may prevent some people from playing, particularly overseas members. KEEP IT A SMALL FLAT RATE BOX.

Package tracking and delivery confirmation is CRUCIAL to the survival of the box and the efficiency of the game. Each time the box is shipped, the tracking # must be sent to me as well as posted in the Pass It Forward thread so everyone can keep track of its movement and all will be in the loop.

We want this game to run as smoothly and efficiently as possible, so please do not keep the box more than 2 days before shipping it to the next person. I will communicate with you when your turn is close. Don't worry about vacations, business trips or whatever -- If you do not reply to my PMs within 2 days, or if you let me know that you will be unable to ship the box within 2 days, I will simply move you down in the list and bump the next person up.

Post photos or descriptions of the contents of the box when you receive it, but do not post photos of what you take out or what you put into the box. If you remove something that is identified by a previous sender, feel free to acknowledge them in your post. You may mark the items you include if you want, but this is not a requirement. (I will mark all of the original items.)

Signups will start NOW and will end Dec. 20th or whenever we get 25 players in each category, whichever comes first. Please do not attempt to sign up if you have been notified by the Activities Manager that you are ineligible to participate in IAP activities. There will be 2 different signup lists. If you are not willing to ship internationally, let me know, I will create a list of "U.S. Players Only". If you are willing to ship internationally also let me know. If we get more than 25 (and I expect we may), I will create another box and another list.

Once signups are closed, I will create a list of all participants in the order they will receive the box. Your sign-up order will not affect where you land in the participation list. I will group everyone by country and randomize those groups.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

To participate, you must do the following:
1. Post to this thread that you are interested.
2. PM me with your full name and shipping address.
3. Let me know if you want to be on the "US Only list" or the "Anywhere list".

You agree to do the following if you sign up:
1. You will ship the next recipient a SMALL FLAT RATE BOX and nothing more. (Overseas shippers have some flexibility here to comply with local regulations.)
2. Photograph the contents of the box when you receive it, but before you remove or add anything to it, and post the picture in the thread dedicated to this activity.
3. Add to or maintain the value to the box by "putting more in than you take out". This does not mean quantity, it means quality.

Let's have fun.

Dick

SteveG

I want to join, and will be happy to be in either the US or International group.

............"My stuff is better than your stuff.":wink:...........

Aloha:island:

jeweler53

READ THE RULES!

Several folks have responded to the thread indicating they are interested, but have not sent the required PM. I MUST receive a PM with your full shipping address. Please indicated which box you prefer. I will post a list of those I have received the full information tonight.

jeweler53

As of this moment we have 26 participants who have sent me a PM. Several did not indicate a preference for shipping and those names were added to the "USA only" list.

We have 15 on the "international" list (with a participant in Canada) and 11 on the "USA" list.

Plenty of room for more!

Sprung

I'd like to join in! Participated in something like this on another forum earlier this year that was a SFRB of pen blanks - was a lot of fun to see what showed up in the box after each stop. USA only list, please.

jeweler53

We currently have 31 people signed up. 16 on the international list (the only international participant is in Canada) and 15 on the USA list. The names are listed below. If there is an error PM me and I will correct it!

International
ChrisD123
mbroberg
USNR'03
MarkD
Cmiles1985
Fordwakeman
edohmann
electricalme
ozne69
SteveG
glenspens
mike4066
Trey
Swagopenturner
Karl_99
akingkubo

USA only
SMJ1957
Signoreandrew
Scotty
southernclay
Charlie_W
Robert Sherlock
Davej_07
preacherman
Lathemaster
tseger
Sprung
Carl Fisher
Argo13
Nikitas
Samson11658

jeweler53

Pass it forward update

We now have 33 total participants. I will probably wait till the end of the weekend to make sure that all who wish to participate have time to sign up, and then close this out to those we have already signed up. I originally said we would keep it open until the 20th, so if you have an objection to closing it early let me know. The first (and only, so far) overseas participant is in Canada. I will sent the box to him first, then randomize the lists. After his box arrives back in the US, we will have domestic posting only. If you are overseas and still want to play jump right in!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'll play! I've never shipped international before and am unsure of what any additional requirements would be needed.

The simplest way to ship international is to set up an account at USPS.com if you don't already have one & do it on-line.

The process is very simple - when you create a shipment & enter a foreign address, you will automatically get the form for customs declaration. Just check GIFT, describe the contents & declare a value. A proper form & label will be printed.

You can also order free supplies delivered to your door like FRB boxes & envelopes. It's a good idea to use the clear stick-on sleeves with a slit for international shipments so customs can remove the paperwork if they want - those sleeves are free too.

I always print two sets of forms & tape one to one side of the box & put one in an inspection sleeve on the opposite side just in case customs forgets to put it back or messes it up.

Top Bottom