Parts & pcs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Me Too

I wish these vendors would either clean up the QC or make parts & pcs available.

Because we are dealing mostly with companies in either China or Taiwan the cost of shipping makes replacing parts very expensive with shipping for a part exceeding the cost of a new kit. Selling thousands of fancy slimline pen kits I only get dozens of requests for parts. It is cheaper for me to send whole new kits (except for transmissions) than to stock replacement parts. There are over 20 finish choices available for Fancy Slimlines alone and 4 (nib, centerband, clip, cap) are unique to the finish... only 3 tubes, mechanism and refill) are common. That is 83 parts to stock, store, keep track of for maybe 2 dozen sales a year.

ThomJ

Guess I have to eat an $11 kit, or try & get another from the supplier, because of a bad click mechanism, yep makes perfect sense to me.

rjwolfe3

Guess I have to eat an $11 kit, or try & get another from the supplier, because of a bad click mechanism, yep makes perfect sense to me.

I have had the same problems myself. What I would do is find a vendor that will stand behind their product and will replace it free of charge with a smile. Once you find that vendor stick with them because they are very rare. I know from personal experience that PSI and Exotic Blanks stand behind their products. I won't mention the ones that don't because I have been trying to be more positive in my posts around here. (I really have!):biggrin:

ThomJ

Butch, the Polaris, I've taken a good look with the loupe and cannot find any reason for it not to work, but a subsequent mechanism from another Polaris kit worked fine in it. The Polaris click is very popular with my customers

rjwolfe3

PSI has been very good to me but you might get better luck calling on the phone then email. One of their techs is hard to understand because of his accent (french maybe). but they have always sent parts out when something breaks.

LarryDNJR

I have had the same problems myself. What I would do is find a vendor that will stand behind their product and will replace it free of charge with a smile. Once you find that vendor stick with them because they are very rare. I know from personal experience that PSI and Exotic Blanks stand behind their products. I won't mention the ones that don't because I have been trying to be more positive in my posts around here. (I really have!):biggrin:

Well I agree to stand behind the companies that help you out. To not mention ones you don't might not really be negative and actually more helpful for others to help avoid or make better decisions about where to buy from. :)

rjwolfe3

Well I agree to stand behind the companies that help you out. To not mention ones you don't might not really be negative and actually more helpful for others to help avoid or make better decisions about where to buy from. :)

The problem with that is that the die hard fans of that vendor jump all over you defending their favorite vendor. I would rather not open that can of worms. BTDT:biggrin:

ldb2000

Thom , check the plastic parts for any flash (excess plastic from the molding process) Most of the problems I have had with any of the click pen mechanisms have been caused by a tiny little piece of flash . Those mechanisms are rotating clickers and a seam line can cause the mechanism to not rotate to the next position . If they don't replace the part check and sand the entire assembly and I'm quite sure you can get it to work properly .
+1 for giving them a call instead of the email . They are very good about fixing problems but not so good about checking emails .

ThomJ

I found where its hanging up, its inside the plastic barrel that the click mechanism rides in, it will not retract. there is a seam (right Butch), so I'll perform a colonoscopy on it tomorrow

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Stand behind

My guess is that PSI will resolve the issue. I have had good experience with them standing behind their product.

Stephen

International Customer,s woes

PSI has been very good to me but you might get better luck calling on the phone then email. One of their techs is hard to understand because of his accent (french maybe). but they have always sent parts out when something breaks.

When part of a kit fails, I find it cheaper to order a replacement kit instead of making international calls as E-mails are always ignored - great after sales support!!!!

nava1uni

I have found PSI to be easy to deal with and very quick about sending replacement parts. I too have found the email does not work with them, but phone calls and especially Janet make things happen quickly.

Top Bottom