Parker style refill with "Uniball feel"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

A co-worker has a few of my pens--both Parker-style ballpoints. He asked today if there is a refill that would give him a "Uniball feel". Seems like I heard/read that Pilot may make a Parker style refill with a gel ink, but i'm not seeing it in searches (too much advertising fodder!!).

Any input would be appreciated!!
Thanks,
earl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I have tried several. My personal favorite is the Parker style mont verde ceramic gel. The 9000 is an excellent refill, but not a gel. If you can get the MV ceramic gel for under $4.00 each, that is a good deal. I just bought 6 of them from Lanier Pens/Amazon. They don't need a cap.

mdburn_em

Parker refill alternative - maybe.

I've been playing around with refills. Seeking that ever - elusive, perfect, smooth-writing ballpoint refill. I discovered that the "Pilot Dr. Grip Ballpoint Ink Refill" is the exact same length as a parker style refill.

I stuck it in a cigar and it works perfectly. I stick it in a Sierra click and at first, the spring was stuck down. I got it out. I think the spring came from a zebra that I disassembled and was trying the refill. I put the cigar spring back in and it works great. (The zebra refill is too long) Anyway, it's been working well and writing very smoothly.

I've been playing around, trying to make an adapter in order to be able to use the Pilot Dr. Grip Center of Gravity Ballpoint Ink Refill

I think the pilot refills have some real possibilities.

greenacres2

I had a Compson that the clip had not seated correctly on assembly, tried the gel fill from it and it worked well in a Sierra. So...I sent that pen over to him in our inter-office mail to try the ink, we'll see what the feedback is.

Thanks to all for your help.

earl

Top Bottom