Paper clip bowl and pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from snowman56

snowman56

I tried my hand at making a small paper clip or sticky notes bowl and matching bacote pen. I would like to hear all comments, please. My pictures aren't that good, but what can you say if you can't take pictures!

Attachments

• Bacotebowlpen.JPG
    Bacotebowlpen.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 261
  • bacotebowl.jpg
    bacotebowl.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 205
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Nice combo of pen and desk accessory.

The wood grain and nice thin walls on the mini-bowl are great.

This brings one thing to mind, most bowls I see here have corners on the transition of wall to bottom which is actually much harder than a flowing curve transition. I am curious why so many folks use that type of profile?

snowman56

Nice combo of pen and desk accessory.

The wood grain and nice thin walls on the mini-bowl are great.

This brings one thing to mind, most bowls I see here have corners on the transition of wall to bottom which is actually much harder than a flowing curve transition. I am curious why so many folks use that type of profile?

I have done a couple with a flowing curve transition, but it never seems thin enough. I don't know why other people do theirs with corners though. Good question.

FrankG

. . . This brings one thing to mind, most bowls I see here have corners on the transition of wall to bottom which is actually much harder than a flowing curve transition. I am curious why so many folks use that type of profile?

The "corner transition" is easier at the beginning - especially if you're worried about going through the bottom and creating a funnel. The flowing curve is physically easier to produce, but it takes experience to develop the confidence to do it. Methinks.

Top Bottom