pair of nautical pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cloven

Cloven

I made a couple of nautical pens, one in antique pewter then the other in antique brass. I set out to make one as a personalized gift for my dad, the sierra click I originally made was pretty generic and my mom got one tailored to her, so I made one tailored for my dad. The other I did out of interest, see if the people at the marina would snap it up.

The blue and white is called Lava Lamp Hawaiian Wave and the blue/white/yellow is Lava Explosion Sunny Seas.

magpens

Lovely looking pens !!! Any problems with the parts fitting together properly ? Or any nubs in the nib section making refill movement rough ? Some of the newer PSI kits ( eg. Skull ) are not quite as smooth as they should be.

Cloven

The only problem I had with this kit is similar to a problem I had with the faith/hope/love kits. The end piece with the wheels wasn't really connected to the inner cylinder that actually gets pressed into the tube and so came off with no effort, but I just epoxied them down and they're staying.
I intended for the blue/white on pewter one to be my dads gift, and I must say it's also the one I like the most. Also, the one on the right with the yellow, you can see down near the nib it kind of goes a bit concave, it's not a perfectly straight line. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so it's what I see, but I'm sure most wouldn't notice. I didn't notice it on the mandrel, but after assembly I could see it. It was just after midnight when I finished, so maybe my eyes weren't the keenest. All in all I am satisfied with them. I have two more nautical kits in the same finishes, I think I'll make one for my wife's Grandfather who was in the navy. In the mean time I have two Canadiana/Cambridge I'm going to do first, so those'll probably be a couple weeks away.

Top Bottom