Oxford Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bozz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozz

This is a pen that I turned for a student at UC Davis for his professor. The student made a desktop lectern from sapalle wood for him. With the leftover wood he asked me to make an Oxford pen kit to match the lecturn to present to his professor. This is the fifth pen that I have turned.

Oxford pen kit from Woodcraft
Sapelle wood blank
CA finish

2007211172046_oxford%20iap.gif

The photo is the best I can produce with my digital camera. Thank you all for 'any' comments. IAP is a great place!

Bozz in Fair Oaks, California

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bozz

Marc,

You caught me! I used CA/BLO. I did not apply a good second coat. I need a good dose of patience when applying the finish. I'm just so greatful that I didn't ruin the pen while turning it [ask me if I've done that before]. Confession time, Marc, [this is really my seventh pen ... Oxford pen number five; I crushed the transmission. Oxford pen number six; I gutted the blank with my oval skew when making the 'final', clean-up cut]... and Oxford pen number seven, the one in the photo, not too bad except for the blemished CA/BLO finish. I should have said, "Here is my fifth completed pen that I did not screw up, completely. Rather, I screwed it up ... just a little bit."

I just dropped the pen off to the UC Davis student and he noticed the finishing blemish, as well. He was gracious enough to say that he liked the pen and that eventually the finish will wear and blend in.

I'll have to get a cheaper camera so you won't catch me, next time.

Thanks for looking and thanks for the comments.

Bozz in Fair Oaks, California

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom