over two years in the making

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

I have a fairly large number of pen kits that I bought way back when before my life got kicked up into insanity mode. before building my shop, before residing the house. before adding the bedroom and bath to the house. shoot even before we had this house. sometime around relandscaping my parents back yard. I specifically wanted to do some creative things with the blanks in all these pens. I made drawings, selected materials and even glued up several of them. now over two years later I dug out the box, am trying to make since of my notes and drawings. and get them finished. this is the first of about three dozen.

20068182013_Satin%20polaris%20Buf%20Horn%20Maple.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Daniel,

Nice job and congratulations on figuring out which kit!!!! Can't tell you how many are on my workbench with "undetermined" labels.[:D][:D]

Daniel

Sorry folks I know better. it's Water Buffalo horn. the small crack is natural but still keeps the pen from being outstanding. I am happy that I nailed the inlay stipe as far as being centered. much harder than would first be apparent. but the measurement at each end of the maple to the nib or finial is almost exactly the same. the glue joint has a lot to be desired so this one is going to end up as one of my work pens. which is O.K. cause I am thrilled with it overall.

Daniel

Mike, Thanks so very much for this comment. Elegant is a great description of what I am after, or should say practicing for. there are a lot of examples of inlay, stripes, and material combinations. but some of them just have a certain flow about them that I really like. of course that is always a personal thing. but I am looking to consistantly and pourposly achieve a balance in the materials that is easy on the eyes and mind. "Simple yet Elegant"
Originally posted by mike_l
<br />Very nice pen. Elegant comes to mind.
[8D]
Mike L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom