Over and Under Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

I have been making pens for around 1 month now and it is addicting and expensive.
This is an Over and Under shotgun pen that I made with Rosewood and soft Curly Maple and polished with shellawax. This is a hefty pen with the cap on it, but I love the kit.. it is very solid feeling.

Attachments

• IMG_3224.jpg
    IMG_3224.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_3226.jpg
    IMG_3226.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 343
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jaeger

I have been making pens for around 1 month now and it is addicting and expensive.

Very nice pen. Good choice on the contrasting woods. I didn't think that I would like that kit when I first saw it advertised, but I like how yours turned out.
As far as making pens being expensive, I would suggest showing them around and having some (in the clear tubes) ready to sell on the spot, and be prepared to sell a few. Talk them up when you are showing them off and tell them all about the woods and platings of the components. Be sure to mention that they make GREAT gifts in a proper price range for a nice gift. If you go to the Dentist or Doctor, be sure to have some with you and some business cards so they have a current email and phone number when they decide to buy. You may be surprised how many you can sell this way alone.
Show them off at work. You may have to be careful here, but again, the business card may come in handy.

Not if, but when you start selling a few, this will kind of take the bite out of the expense.
I bought a factory refurb Delta 46-460 variable speed lathe after one fall show last year, from profits.

Keep up the great work.

Here is a link to my finish that I like to use.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61562&highlight=jaegers+finish

Last edited:

PaulDoug

I guess "Not bad for a rookie". Really nice work putting it together. Great choice of woods. very rich looking. Sure like to see a picture of the cap on.

I wish they could reduce the size of that pen, I like the concept, but it looks like it is a wopper big pen. I also think, hats off to PSI for continuely coming out with new kits. Keep it interesting.

Top Bottom