Ouchies -- self-pity indulgence

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdcarter

Some days the mojo just ain't working. Yesterday morning, I turned two gorgeous cigars (one using a $5 olive wood blank) only to realize I had the bushings positioned wrong. (I'd been turning lots of screw caps, which are pretty much impossible to get wrong, and got sloppy.) Then the replacement piece of olivewood grabbed my skew (it was sharp, honest!) -- salvaged it, and the customer will never notice, but I've done better. Of course if I'd assembled the first before turning the second, at least I'd have saved one blank.

Then I turned my ankle and went sprawling across the basement, shattering the plastic bottle of car wax I was carrying and throwing it all over the place. Can't even clean my glasses now, because the water beads up on them.

Are my 50 minutes up? Thanks. I feel much better now. You take blue cross?

:D:D:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

Hey Carl, don't throw out that first cigar. Why not turn a custom CB for it. I did that on an aluminum cigar I was turning and did the same thing. I made a custom CB and it looks great, its in my photo album.

toolcrazy

I had a day like that, yesterday. I was gonna play chef and make some snicker doodles. Got it all done and cooling on the stove when my daughter points out they were not very sweet. Then I realized that I forgot the sugar.

Yep we all have those days.

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by cdcarter
<br />Well, came back Sunday and turned two pens -- a churchill and an el grande -- in no time flat, everything going perfectly. Go figure.

That is because of the wax.....Everything is slick as a whistle![:p]

byounghusband

Some days the mojo just ain't working. Yesterday morning, I turned two gorgeous cigars (one using a $5 olive wood blank) only to realize I had the bushings positioned wrong......

Don't feel too bad. I did just that on a Pen Swap Pen awhile back.......[:(!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom