Other things to make from

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JerryS

Pen blanks ? I'm looking for some idea's on other things to make with pen blanks . I have so many of them I'll never turn this many pens . Lets see some other projects you've made with pen blanks .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dankc908

No pix yet, but, I intend to take a glue 4 pen blanks together (contrasting woods or acrylics) and use them for bottle stoppers. I'm glad you asked this question as I'd like to see others' ideas as well!

Dan

fernhills

Finials on lidded turned boxes. Feet on flat work boxes. Handles on boxes. Finials on lamps. Pen turning allowed me to try many woods i would have never afforded or thought about using. Not only is it a great hobby but a wonderful learning experience in other woodworking as well as metal works. Carl

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
MY dad glued several of them together to make trivets and cutting boards. I gave 138+ medium priority boxes of them away for the cost of shipping. I gave some away free to new turners etc.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I also ran across a table that was made by glueing them together and cutting them into squares. Say 3inch x 3 inch and then gluing those together rotating every other block 90 degrees

glycerine

pencils!!! :) seam rippers... I was actually thinking of trying to make some "dollhouse" furniture for my daughters... ok, that's all I got so far.

Rick_G

I'll use the leftover cut offs to make game pieces for board games.

Attachments

• 0603.png
    0603.png
    390.8 KB · Views: 158

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
hmmmm

I've used them to make "log Cabin" bird houses. Pillers for bird or Doll houses. Some fishing lures. Spoon handles for dessert spoons.

nava1uni

Crochet hooks, cutlery, key rings, secret compartments, toothpick holders, pill cases, bracelet helper, perfume containers, styluses, pentel pencils, other writing instruments and miniatures.

Top Bottom