Orphanage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

In just over a week, on Mother's Day, the five of us (My wife, 3 kids and myself) will be embarking on a journey of a lifetime. We will be flying to South Africa to meet and pick up our 3 1/2 year old daughter. We are excited, nervous and a whole boat load of emotion in between. We have been told by our friends who run the orphanage that she is a perfect match for our family. She needs us and we need her.

I have asked the orphanage what kinds of things they could use. They are in need of some medical supplies. I am reaching out to local sources I have, but also wanted to put it out to this community. All supplies I can gather and any funds I can gather will go directly to the kids and caregivers at the orphanage. If you have a few dollars you'd like to donate, you are welcome to send it to my paypal which I can give you in a PM.

Thank you to all who have supported us in prayer and in other ways. It is finally really going to happen. Please continue to lift up our family in prayer as we travel and settle back in at home.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom T

We will be praying and thinking of you and your family. Our daughter and husband are a little more than half way through the process with a Congo adoption.

reddwil

Buzz I will check and see what all my wife has left. I know she had a huge box of IV supplies left from her treatments.

Big Congrats on the adoption!!

Haynie

Hate to be a Jonny Raincloud but you should check on the procedures for taking medical supplies into a country.

I hope all goes well and 3 weeks in a foreign country will be amazing for your family.

Buzzzz4

Hate to be a Jonny Raincloud but you should check on the procedures for taking medical supplies into a country.

I hope all goes well and 3 weeks in a foreign country will be amazing for your family.

No raincloud at all. What I am taking is fully in line with what is allowed.

John Smith

Congratulations. I know you and your family have been waiting for this for a long time. Hope you have a great and safe trip. Would like to get together with you sometime after you get back.

Top Bottom