Orange Carbon Fiber Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rsjimenez

rsjimenez

This is one of my own carbon fiber home cast blanks. This will be a birthday present for one of my friends. I painted the tube in orange since that is her favorite color. This was finished with MM to 12000 and PlastX. Thanks for looking.

Orange_Cigar.jpg

Orange_Cigar1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

el_d

Nice Ramon. That would do great for Halloween........:ghost:

You painted the tube orange?

yes, orange. I still need to work on my pictures a little bit. Maybe the orange would stand out better.

It came out orange I was referring to the fact that you paint the tubes? I wasn't aware that the ube had to be painted. Is the CF like a mesh screen?

rsjimenez

That's a real nice job.

How did you keep the carbon fiber from unraveling when you put it on the tube?

It took a lot of patience and I just did it very carefully.

It came out orange I was referring to the fact that you paint the tubes? I wasn't aware that the ube had to be painted. Is the CF like a mesh screen?

yes, I painted the tubes before I added the CF. It is like a mesh screen.

sbell111

Nice Ramon. That would do great for Halloween........:ghost:

You painted the tube orange?

yes, orange. I still need to work on my pictures a little bit. Maybe the orange would stand out better.

CF comes in tubes that are woven. As you slip them over larger pen tubes, the weave accomodates the larger tube by opening up some, showing the brass tube below. Painting the brass tubes is a very cool way to take advantage of the open weave of the CF.

In my lousy experience, it is a struggle to get the CF tubes onto larger brass tubes because it wants to unravel as it stretches bigger. (Stretches is the wrong word, since the CF itself doesn't stretch, the weave merely adjusts to the larger tube by 'opening'.) Ramon did an impressive job of getting the CF properly on the tube. The cool paint treatment is icing on the cake.

Top Bottom