Opinions On The Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

BryanJon

Hello All........Greetings from CT !
Now that the Emperor has been out for a few weeks, what is everyone's opinion on this new kit?
I am getting ready to order a few kits as I for one love the look from all the pictures I have seen.
Bryan Jon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtjw

Funny you should happen to mention that. Sold mine the other day that I had made out of the green home brew. 200.00 with no problem paying it.

Ron Mc

Great sale Johnny. I've been carrying my Emperor and using it on a daily basis for a couple weeks. It feels very good while writing with it. I had some fun with it last night at a Contractor function. One of my better customers had an interesting looking pen in his shirt pocket so I asked if I could admire it, (right) as he pulled it he stated that it was a Mont Bl***. Between you and me[:D]I was far from impressed. He asked if I had one and I let him know that I carry a MP, McKinneyPen, and pulled my Emperor out of my pocket. He was shocked as I handed it to him and asked where I had gotten it. I handed him one of my business cards.

coach

I've seen Johnny's "home brew" Emporer. Wow, beautiful pen. Glad you were able to sell it Johnny! I have one to turn, just not home this weekend to do it!

wayneis

The Emperor has rapidly become my favorite pen to make. I'm thinking very seriously about limiting my line to only the Emperor, Statesman and Jr. Statesman and the Baron kits in rollerballs from now on. Then I have a couple ballpoints that I'll also continue to make for those that like them.

Wayne

Mikey

Well, about 20 of us just got in on a group buy for the Emporer kits, so in a few weeks, you will most likely have far more feedback. However, every photo I have seen so far looks really good. I guess it helps to have a kit that costs $40+ because you really take your time in selecting just the right wood to match. Can't say that with a $5 kit.

Ron Mc

Bryan Jon,
I have uploaded some new pictures that include my personal Emperor to my Photo's area. I have also made and sold Emperors made from stabilized Birdseye maple and Aqua cured Myrtle Burl. Great kit and easy to make. Just remember what Mikey said, "It takes the right piece of wood". I found myself bringing new woods in until I felt like it was just right.
Most importantly have fun![:D]

BryanJon

Hello Ron
You work is always top notch. I have a huge stash of wood , killer quilted maple,west coast maple burl as well as east coast maple burl , oak burl, curly yellow birch, luthier grade flame maple, rw, curly walnut.....the list continues. I am curious , if a highly flamed maple blank would look good as an Emperor.
I have done many Barons and Cigars, as well as EG's using this wood , and they look great. I love turning wood, have made over 250 pens so far.
Thank you Ron for your input!

Ron Mc

Bryan,
Be sure and let us see your work no and then! I don't see why a flamed maple wouldn't look good. My next Emperor is on my bench now and it will consist of a BT kit with one of the nicest pieces of Spalted Maple I have ever seen. It looks like two lightning bolts are shooting down the blank. Since it will be an Emperor kit and will consist of lightning bolts I plan on calling the completed pen "The wrath of Khan" or something like like.

BryanJon

Sounds like a great pen Ron! I have to get around to taking some photos. Perhaps today since it is a balmy 30 degrees and snowy here in CT today. [V]
I use analine dyes as well as luthier guitar stains on many of my pens.

chigdon

I think the kit is by far the best construction and finish and is a pleasure to make. Some of the people who see it LOVE IT and others (my wife included) think it is a little too flashy and too Bling! It is definately not a subtle pen at all. All in all it is nice to see something this premium come out and I am hoping this just opens the door for more to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom