OOPS!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tj

I recently moved and had not turned a pen for several months. a couple of weeks ago i decided to turn one (a wall street using bacote end grain). It turned out beautiful except for one thing. I had forgotten how to assemble it. Being the "MAN," I did not refer back to the intructions. I got CA glue on the mechanism so the pen will not operate nor can I replace the cartridge. Color me "dumb-dumb." Does anyone have an idea how i might break the glue bond without damaging the pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Have you tried using some of the De-Bonder? I am not sure how well it works on the pens but it sure helps get your fingers loose after you glue them together. I hope that this helps. Woodcraft sells it if you are near one.

Mike

Randy_

It might take more than a quick bath.......may require a good soaking?? And if that doesn't work, CA will soften up at between 200° and 300°. Try putting it in an oven set at about 250°. I don't think it will hurt the wood; but you may need to redo the finish..... sure hope it is not an acrylic blank??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom