Onyx pen blank from CSUSA question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

les-smith

Has anyone tried the Pen Makers Choice Onyx pen blank from CSUSA. I bought one and turned it. I thought from looking at their picture on their website that it should have some sort of grain/character to it. The one I turned had nothing it was just straight black. I asked them about it and they said,"yes it should have a little character. Turn the blank and you'll see it". I then replied that I had already made a pen with it and there was no character. They then replied, "Sorry I was wrong, it is just black".

Has anyone turned some and did it have any character to it? Do you think their picture shows a little character?

I also bought the Pink Lady blank and I've assumed it would have a little character to it from what their picture looks like. I guess we'll see.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

les-smith

Alrighty then. It turned out really good on the pen. I'm not disappointed. I would like to find some black though that has some grain to it. Kind of like they do with the alternative ivory.

les-smith

Alternative Buffalo Horn. I've seen that somewhere. Maybe that's what I'm wanting. I'm looking for something black with some type of grain in it.

Ratto

Ebony wood is black with grain. It turns nice but has a history of cracking. A good quality ebony blank will be solid black especially after you apply the finish.

Dave

alxe24

Originally posted by Ratto
<br />Ebony wood is black with grain. It turns nice but has a history of cracking. A good quality ebony blank will be solid black especially after you apply the finish.

Dave

He's right.
Here is Ebony for you

2007102732252_2007102591644_Greatful-Death-03.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom