One piece light box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ribanett

After using a light tent for a few years and getting tired of the set-up and tear-down with all the lights, cords, etc. :mad: I made this lightbox which has the photo platform and lights in one unit. Also LOML is now making P-Clay jewelry and needs to use it. Set-up or tear-down is less than 5 minutes, just un-plug one cord and put it on the storage shelve.:biggrin:

This is a prototype, I have some design items to correct before I put my stamp on it. Each sidebox has 3 lights and we can change the amount of light with different wattage bulbs and the number used.

lightbox_1.jpg

lightbox_2.jpg

lightbox_3.jpg

Any comments welcome

Thank for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Flaturner

Varying the light intensity.

I see that you are using the new florescent "bulbs". Some of them now allow you to use them with a dimmer switch. This may make it easire to vary the light level rather than having to change 6(?) bulbs each time you need to change the intensity. Just a thought.

ribanett

I see that you are using the new florescent "bulbs". Some of them now allow you to use them with a dimmer switch. This may make it easire to vary the light level rather than having to change 6(?) bulbs each time you need to change the intensity. Just a thought.

JD
Thanks for the tip. I am adding it to the list of design changes I'm looking at.

ribanett

thats not a bad idea, but how well do your light diffusers work? is it a mesh or cloth, hard to tell by the pics

thats not a bad idea, but how well do your light diffusers work? is it a mesh or cloth, hard to tell by the pics
I'm guessing neither, it looks like pieces of the plastic type difuser you would find on a living room light.

The light is even all over the platform. I checked it with a gray card and a light meter.

Landon has it right. I used an old panel from a 4 tube light fixture. The panel has a diamond pattern and I roughed up the flat side with 220 wet/dry paper.

Thanks for the comments.

Top Bottom